talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Roma to win, but not by 3 goals. I think 2-0 or 2-1 is the most likely.

I reckon because they need goals they'll go out on the attack. Liverpool to score on the counter and go 1 up on the night.

Roma to then score 3 and make it a nervy final few minutes for Liverpool. 

• Subscriber

I think the big issue here, I read it somewhere on here, is how using width will be very hard on their pitch but I still fancy us to go through and get a goal on the night because they will be desperate to score and that will leave gaps. How well we operate in that space is anyone's guess but if we hold strong in the first half I can't see us not getting something in the second. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think the big issue here, I read it somewhere on here, is how using width will be very hard on their pitch but I still fancy us to go through and get a goal on the night because they will be desperate to score and that will leave gaps. How well we operate in that space is anyone's guess but if we hold strong in the first half I can't see us not getting something in the second. 

The olimpico is a very difficult pitch. Very narrow and the grass is almost like turf. 

I think this played a major factor in how they handled Barca so easily. No width to exploit. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The olimpico is a very difficult pitch. Very narrow and the grass is almost like turf. 

I think this played a major factor in how they handled Barca so easily. No width to exploit. 

Yeah it's 7 or 8 meters narrower than at Anfield.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think that will stop the balls that bypass the midfield (part of the reason we were so effective at home in the first leg) but I also don't think that its going to offer a lot of containment options if we overload the midfield and offer short outlets to the wings (pseudo-width). The key in most of the better play in the second leg against City was the pressing more than the open space to run into which came later. Once you get their midfield shorted then things really start to break down and in their game it was only until later when they realized substitutions were required is when things really started to gel for them. Tough night for the defense coming up but I still think we have a good chance of scoring there and its only come because of the hard work put in during the first leg.

17 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

I believe Roma will do it,  I am a very big fan of Liverpool this season but there is something about Roma that with their home form, it seems possible that they can get 3 goals without conceding.   

I believe you are talking out of your own arse given the massive hard on you have for Ronaldo. 

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I believe you are talking out of your own arse given the massive hard on you have for Ronaldo. 

Why?  Roma can do it,  Liverpool can be beaten, it will be tough for Roma but there is something to say that this tie is not over yet.     What is the beef with Ronaldo? 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You want a laugh? Look at every Liverpool CL thread since the group stage. 

Every Peru thread too.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I fucking knew someone would bring that retard up. Can’t believe he genuinely thought I was the Big Show 😂

yeah, Big Show looks nothing like you Des! 

Lallana is in the squad for tomorrow. Some good news on the injury front!

Liverpool squad: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Klavan, Moreno, Mane, Lallana, Mignolet, Robertson, Ings, Solanke, Jones, Ward, Woodburn, Masterson, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived