talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

2 hours ago, Asura said:

pretty sure balon will come up with two pages long post to describe how brilliantly simeone's team defended which shouldnt be labelled as "parking the bus"  :ph34r:

I did laugh at that to be honest but the genuine answer to that is that Simeone has never been in a position to sign established world beaters and spend billions while continuing to play boring primitive football and of course... "Parking the bloody bus" B|;)

Although to put things straight... Never ever said I like El Cholo's brand of football at all.  Just found it amazing that with a club with much less resources than many around has managed to compete with the monsters.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpools defence is shocking, how much did they spend on van Dijk and they're still conceding like this?

The final will either be full of goals or a bore draw till penalties, but I expect the former. Liverpool can't defend and Real play on the counter attack and have Ronaldo.

Keep it coming lads! 

Danny and Teso obviously haven’t watched us with any interest since VVD was signed and it’s funny how they spout off every game, even when we demolish teams. 

If you think we won’t cause Madrid problems and probably score a few then you’re just plain daft. 

Liverpool can't defend and Real play on the counter attack and have Ronaldo”

Well Madrid can’t defend and we play on the counter and we have Mane, Firmino & Salah. 

Bring it on, it’s in the bag  

Turned it off at 2-2, then saw it was 4-2 this morning. Roma didn't look like getting two more in a million years. Oh well they went out with their heads up high. No one really expected them to be in the semi, congrats to Liverpool for making it to the final.

• Subscriber

May 26th can't come soon enough now and I genuinely think we'll cause Madrid some massive headaches because their defense (although touted as being superior) is prone to a lot of mistakes and I am going to enjoy watching our front three work them. Special note to Karius in that first half yesterday he was brilliant and commanding. We just need him to do that more and I think he might be another massively good signing for us.

The way things have been up to now, the final has got to be a high-scoring shitshow.

This game was fun although I still wonder how Liverpool managed to lose 4-2 after that first half.

The refereeing was pisspoor and Roma should've gotten a penalty earlier when it still mattered, but let's not forget that Liverpool were denied 1 or 2 penalties in the first half when Kostas Manolas was dishing it out in the box, so we can do away with any conspiracy theories and just accept that the referee was shit.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Keep it coming lads! 

Danny and Teso obviously haven’t watched us with any interest since VVD was signed and it’s funny how they spout off every game, even when we demolish teams. 

If you think we won’t cause Madrid problems and probably score a few then you’re just plain daft. 

Liverpool can't defend and Real play on the counter attack and have Ronaldo”

Well Madrid can’t defend and we play on the counter and we have Mane, Firmino & Salah. 

Bring it on, it’s in the bag  

I'm not wrong, you've just conceded 6 goals over two legs to Roma, van Dyke obviously isn't enough.

Ive already said you'll score, doesn't change the fact your defence is still suspect.

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm not wrong, you've just conceded 6 goals over two legs to Roma, van Dyke obviously isn't enough.

Ive already said you'll score, doesn't change the fact your defence is still suspect.

They were given 2 penalties over the 2 legs that were laughable and did you actually see their first goal last night? It was a freak goal that went in off Milners head at about 100 mph. 

Thats 3 goals out of the 6 you can write off. 

We comfortably kept out City (supposedly the best attacking side Eva) over 2 legs, conceding only 1and have one of the best defensive records in the league since VVD came in, yet no mention of that? All you can do is question what we spent on VVD when it’s obvious to any berk how much he’s improved us xD

To come on and slag our defence off without context after we’ve just reached a CL final just sounds like sour grapes to me. 

Nothing new from you and Teso though. 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They were given 2 penalties over the 2 legs that were laughable and did you actually see their first goal last night? It was a freak goal that went in off Milners head at about 100 mph. 

Thats 3 goals out of the 6 you can write off. 

We comfortably kept out City (supposedly the best attacking side Eva) over 2 legs, conceding only 1and have one of the best defensive records in the league since VVD came in, yet no mention of that? All you can do is question what we spent on VVD when it’s obvious to any berk how much he’s improved us xD

To come on and slag our defence off without context after we’ve just reached a CL final just sounds like sour grapes to me. 

Nothing new from you and Teso though. 

Fuck me you're touchy 😂 Oooh someone's saying something negative about Liverpool, must be sour grapes. You do it to Liverpool fans too 😂

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Fuck me you're touchy 😂 Oooh someone's saying something negative about Liverpool, must be sour grapes. You do it to Liverpool fans too 😂

Touchy? I’m over the fucking moon my mate xD I don’t give a monkeys what you and Teso think. Just putting you right that’s all :D

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you think you'll keep a clean sheet in the final @LFCMadLad

No xD

People dont think about context when posting though and that makes me laugh. 

Even before kick off some were saying stuff like ..”wow look at Liverpool’s bench... such poor depth”!

Not taking into consideration that Matip, Ox, Lallana & Emre Can have all been missing through long term injuries and would have made us much stronger over the 2 legs had they been available. 

Weve got a 19 year old playing in 40 odd games this season, in high pressure games like this and City at RB because Clyne has missed a full season, yet he gets slated on here for being shit? Like fuck he’s shit! He’s a massive talent that will be our RB for years to come. He got no protection last night at all bless him yet still came through. 

Weve simply not been able to rotate at all for ages and it showed last night... We looked absolutely knackered after 60 minutes. 

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I did laugh at that to be honest but the genuine answer to that is that Simeone has never been in a position to sign established world beaters and spend billions while continuing to play boring primitive football and of course... "Parking the bloody bus" B|;)

Although to put things straight... Never ever said I like El Cholo's brand of football at all.  Just found it amazing that with a club with much less resources than many around has managed to compete with the monsters.

Like Wenger :ph34r:

We know the defence isn't perfect but squad wise we're down to the bare bones, that's not helped over these two games. You're looking at our bench last night and there's no one you would be confident in coming on really apart from maybe Clyne who isn't match fit. But when the midfield and attack are tiring there's nothing. It invites the pressure onto us because the front 6 are running on empty. You can see that Klopp is reluctant to throw Solanke or Ings on too early because of the huge gap in quality

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

We know the defence isn't perfect but squad wise we're down to the bare bones, that's not helped over these two games. You're looking at our bench last night and there's no one you would be confident in coming on really apart from maybe Clyne who isn't match fit. But when the midfield and attack are tiring there's nothing. It invites the pressure onto us because the front 6 are running on empty. You can see that Klopp is reluctant to throw Solanke or Ings on too early because of the huge gap in quality

Noooo it’s nothing to do with that mate, it’s the amount we spent on VVD that’s the problem didn’t you know? :D

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Touchy? I’m over the fucking moon my mate xD I don’t give a monkeys what you and Teso think. Just putting you right that’s all :D

And your defence is putting you right :coffee:

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

And your defence is putting you right :coffee:

And you obviously can’t read and dont understand context, so I’ll just leave you with your grapes whilst I look forward to a CL final :hh:

• Administrator
On 30/04/2018 at 14:43, Stan said:

I reckon because they need goals they'll go out on the attack. Liverpool to score on the counter and go 1 up on the night.

Roma to then score 3 and make it a nervy final few minutes for Liverpool. 

On 30/04/2018 at 17:40, Teso dos Bichos said:

Roma 4-1 Liverpool

well me and Teso got the closest I'd say...

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yes but you are not taking into account the freak own goal and the penalty given at the end for shits and giggles :D

Thats one of the things I took in to account first actually. 

Tbf, Manolas easily could have given a penalty away in the first half, and the two pens that were given vs Liverpool were complete bullshit. Cup competitions are so luck-dependent that if you focus on the breaks that one side get you lose all perspective of the balance of the tie.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

Archived