talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

I just wanted to point out how quiet its become now. Before the game and during the draw scores the boo's and noise were absolutely present - understandably the score now has silenced the crowd. Now Liverpool can say that they silenced the caulderon in Italy.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He be gliding through both of these defences like his wax going through his hair. 

I was just taking a puff of a spliff when I read this and it genuinely nearly made me choke to death. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Steve McManaman isn't half the biggest gobshite going. 

Proper DIAHF material.

Shittest commentator ever. Why did we always used to complain about Andy Gray?

5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Roma are getting a lot of chances still, Ronaldo will be watching at home rubbing his hands. He be gliding through both of these defences like his wax going through his hair. 

its getting boring mate

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Who said he was THE best?

I said world class, not THE best. :/ 

Is Firmino really a striker though? Tite once said Firmino is a midfielder who plays with the number 9 ("O Firmino é um 10 que joga de 9"). This game kinda reinforces this observation, he´s dictating the pace for Liverpool. 

Just now, El_Loco said:

Is Firmino really a striker though? Tite once said Firmino is a midfielder who plays with the number 9 ("O Firmino é um 10 que joga de 9"). This game kinda reinforces this observation he´s dictating the pace for Liverpool. 

He's a deep-lying striker. I wouldn't really call him a midfielder anymore, but he's like a hybrid midfielder-striker. He's pretty new at the striker thing, because Klopp liked him in that false-9 role. And I think it gets the best out of Bobby.

Just now, El_Loco said:

Is Firmino really a striker though? Tite once said Firmino is a midfielder who plays with the number 9 ("O Firmino é um 10 que joga de 9"). This game kinda reinforces this observation he´s dictating the pace for Liverpool. 

I recall him being a winger when he was in Germany. He's a mix of a false 9 and a defensive forward from what I've seen, the point is he's being deployed in that position though and is succeeding.

Some people think that you need to score loads of goals to be a world class striker but that's not true at all. If you score loads of goals and are complete everywhere else, that helps, but if you want to just be "world class" you don't HAVE to, as long as you are useful in other areas. 

Positions don't really exist in football anymore. It doesn't really matter if Firmino is a false downside up inverted shuttling lateral forward, the cunt is just great.

Just now, Spike said:

Positions don't really exist in football anymore. It doesn't really matter if Firmino is a false downside up inverted shuttling lateral forward, the cunt is just great.

Can he play in the pivot? 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived