talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool have only conceded three goals in a game once since Van Dijk has been in the team.

Cannot see them conceding three tomorrow night with him at the heart of the defence. Sorry.

Liverpool to progress.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Kloop will be klopp and still attack instead of defending the lead. An early goal from Roma would be great for this match.

I agree, an early goal would test their resolve. City had Liverpool on the ropes at one stage and Liverpool were lucky it never got to 2-0 before Salah settled it.

That said, Roma are not City and I think Liverpool have opportunities to score. They will not lose this tie, I'm so sure of it.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Kloop will be klopp and still attack instead of defending the lead. An early goal from Roma would be great for this match.

agree with this for sure. Would definitely make it great for the neutral. Liverpool get a bit shaky. Roma's belief grows. 

On 30/04/2018 at 15:16, Mel81x said:

I think that will stop the balls that bypass the midfield (part of the reason we were so effective at home in the first leg) but I also don't think that its going to offer a lot of containment options if we overload the midfield and offer short outlets to the wings (pseudo-width). The key in most of the better play in the second leg against City was the pressing more than the open space to run into which came later. Once you get their midfield shorted then things really start to break down and in their game it was only until later when they realized substitutions were required is when things really started to gel for them. Tough night for the defense coming up but I still think we have a good chance of scoring there and its only come because of the hard work put in during the first leg.

That was a very good analysis there mate gotta say

On 30/04/2018 at 18:25, DeadLinesman said:

I fucking knew someone would bring that retard up. Can’t believe he genuinely thought I was the Big Show 😂

Seriously??

Put a few bets on this. Roma to win 2-0 returning in 104 and Roma in an acca with Aldershot and DAV Santa Ana (who are they? Gamble!)

Just now, bozziovai said:

roma need 4 goals .... not a very must-watch game.

They need 3 actually.

Never say never either after what happened in the quarter finals. Not just against Barcelona but with Juve against Madrid also. I believe Salzburg had a comeback too in the Europa.

Just now, Blue said:

They need 3 actually.

Never say never either after what happened in the quarter finals. Not just against Barcelona but with Juve against Madrid also. I believe Salzburg had a comeback too in the Europa.

oh yeah.   i forgot about their precious away goals in england.

Don't want to miss this one. I missed yesterdays game entirely and only followed via context. No Copa Peru work for me today (the game yesterday was of dreadful quality) so I can happily see this game.

I still maintain that Roma will win 2-1 or 2-0. They have been very strong at home in recent times and will look to honour themselves there, and if things begin to go their way then win the game. They will of course believe its still possible after what happened with Barcelona.

I will say one thing though and this relates to Napoli but Roma is a perfect example that you can achieve things way above your level. Roma are good, but not UCL semi-final good as proven last week as well as in Barcelona, and Napoli really should have believed in themselves more in this competition. They wanted to go out to focus on the Scudetto which they aren't going to win now anyways. For not having that self-belief, they will go trophyless this year in their most consistent season since ADL arrived at the club.

Roma are probably going to lose here but they have overachieved and its a lesson to a club like Napoli who really didn't care much about the competition this time. (granted, they had a bit of a tough group)

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Don't want to miss this one. I missed yesterdays game entirely and only followed via context. No Copa Peru work for me today (the game yesterday was of dreadful quality) so I can happily see this game.

I still maintain that Roma will win 2-1 or 2-0. They have been very strong at home in recent times and will look to honour themselves there, and if things begin to go their way then win the game. They will of course believe its still possible after what happened with Barcelona.

I will say one thing though and this relates to Napoli but Roma is a perfect example that you can achieve things way above your level. Roma are good, but not UCL semi-final good as proven last week as well as in Barcelona, and Napoli really should have believed in themselves more in this competition. They wanted to go out to focus on the Scudetto which they aren't going to win now anyways. For not having that self-belief, they will go trophyless this year in their most consistent season since ADL arrived at the club.

Roma are probably going to lose here but they have overachieved and its a lesson to a club like Napoli who really didn't care much about the competition this time. (granted, they had a bit of a tough group)

well, knocking out the great barcelona out of the competition feels like they've won the crown already.     

Just now, Stan said:

I'd say they are semi-final good considering they're already in the semi-finals of the competition...

Who would you back in a neutral ground? Roma vs Barcelona, Manchester City, or Juventus?

Roma have done really well to get here, but the best team doesn't always win in cup competitions. The most effective team does. Roma have gotten the job done but on a different year they wouldn't make it to the semi-finals. Just my own opinion. 

• Administrator

but we're talking about now. and we're talking about games which have got them there. right here, right now they're good enough and are a semi-final team. 

You can add all the other variables you want like neutral ground or different year but that's not what we're talking about.

Just now, Stan said:

but we're talking about now. and we're talking about games which have got them there. right here, right now they're good enough and are a semi-final team. 

You can add all the other variables you want like neutral ground or different year but that's not what we're talking about.

Maybe a poor choice of wording but my opinion stands - they have hugely overachieved and are teaching the other Serie A teams a lecture that you don't have to be extremely good to make it far in this tournament.

City must be kicking themselves. This must of been the simplest and best opportunity for them to win the whole competition. They must be gutted they drew Liverpool when they did, as in a final I would of fancied City. 

Don't think they'll have a better shot given the majority of clubs around Europe will strengthen next season consideing the pace they set. 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd say they are semi-final good considering they're already in the semi-finals of the competition...

This.

They're good enough to be in the semi-final because they're in the semi-final. Maybe Barca/City/Juve would be better to watch in a final. But Barca lost to Roma, City lost to us, Juve lost to Real Madrid. So Roma are obviously good enough to be in the semi-final. And if they make it to the final, they're obviously good enough to have made it to the final.

Obviously, I hope they don't. I hope we get a nice early goal. 

24 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

well, knocking out the great barcelona out of the competition feels like they've won the crown already.     

Only if they knocked the king of Europe out Ronaldo, then they would be winners

• The title was changed to Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived