• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Darren Moore Given Permanent West Brom Managerial Role

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Surely the biggest injustice of the season if he isn't given the West Brom job?

i refer you to Shakespeare being appointed with us as a caretaker manager and a sudden upturn in form due to the squad being galvanised and rid of something that wasn't working any more.

I wouldn't call it a massive injustice if he isn't given it but then again, I suppose it isn't a bad place to start as a manager but it's a big challenge to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking (in the right direction, not like Sunderland).

He's done very well so far, but how much of it is cause the players are no longer player under a massive gobshite like Pulis and Pardew? If the players have loyalty to him, and would run through walls for him then that's a really important trait to have for a promotion fight. I'd give him a 1 year deal initially, he's worth the punt.

• Subscriber

I'm extremely wary of what happened with Shakespeare in this instance. He was out of his depth in the end.

I actually don't think Shakespeare ever truly wanted to be a manager.

I do think however what he's done here will have earned him a crack elsewhere. Maybe even at someone like Ipswich.

On 30/04/2018 at 20:06, Smiley Culture said:

Two words. Craig Shakespeare. 

Keep him on as assistant but it’s not his time, yet. 

Brentford's Dean Smith, Bristol City's Lee Johnson and Leicester City's assistant manager Michael Appleton are all thought to be high up on Albion's list of possible candidates. I like them all but i personally think he has a right to be pissed off if any of them get the job over him.

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Brentford's Dean Smith, Bristol City's Lee Johnson and Leicester City's assistant manager Michael Appleton are all thought to be high up on Albion's list of possible candidates. I like them all but i personally think he has a right to be pissed off if any of them get the job over him.

I agree. West Brom is a side that's just largely been total dogshit (other than knocking us out of the FA cup, bastards) basically up until Darren Moore came in and now they play with some passion and fight in them at least. And you can't really ask for much more than that when you've got a squad that's pretty low on quality, which they are, and low on confidence, which I assume they are from being so shite each week.

Next season for them is going to be a rebuild in a championship. I think he's earned his shot after making a totally shite team have a pretty substantial turnaround (albeit too late to save them, but enough to push the pain off for as long as possible). 

34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Smith and Johnson, no. Appleton, yes. 

He’d have managed about seven games by the time the season has ended, giving the job to either two blokes who currently work in the Championship, have experience further down the food chain and have had tilts at promotion wouldn’t be a disgrace. It would be a case of breaking the monopoly of the ‘old boys club’ of the likes of Allardyce, Pardew and Moyes getting jobs and it would be refreshing to see a manager from a ‘smaller’ club being rewarded with the job based upon their experience and growing reputation in the game. 

Smith and Johnson suggest a potential change of style and how the club is going to operate. You may see some younger players at West Brom, if one of these two get the job. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Smith and Johnson, no. Appleton, yes. 

He’d have managed about seven games by the time the season has ended, giving the job to either two blokes who currently work in the Championship, have experience further down the food chain and have had tilts at promotion wouldn’t be a disgrace. It would be a case of breaking the monopoly of the ‘old boys club’ of the likes of Allardyce, Pardew and Moyes getting jobs and it would be refreshing to see a manager from a ‘smaller’ club being rewarded with the job based upon their experience and growing reputation in the game. 

Smith and Johnson suggest a potential change of style and how the club is going to operate. You may see some younger players at West Brom, if one of these two get the job. 

I would agree had he not gotten results against United and Liverpool whilst remaining undefeated in his first five games. I've not seen the stats but I wouldn't be surprised if he's got more points than Pardew already.

West Brom looked like a fucking egotisictal mess full of characters that needed shifting 5 games ago. Now they look organised and prepared. Replacing him could make those players pick up bad habits very quickly again. From an owners perspective it's a gamble. 

Then there's his perspective. What more could he have done to get that job? And if he stays under another manager, how will the players react? 

I rate all three of them to be honest as managers at this level, and that includes Appleton. Personally though I feel it's best for West Brom, Bristol City, Brentford, Darren Moore, Lee Johnson, Dean Smith and Michael Appleton if Moore is given that opportunity to see if things work next season. 

I hope we keep Smith and think we will but he took Walsall from relegation strugglers to dead certs for promotion on a tiny budget.

Has a great team behind him with us but has us knocking on the door of the play offs with a bottom 3/5 budget.

Fight and passion don't keep you up throughout a whole season, some intense circumstances at West Brom but once they become normal again they'll need a manager who can manage long term. Moore just hasn't shown he can do that.

But like I said I hope we keep Smith, one bad run of form at the beginning of the season cost us, if we fix that next season and maintain consistency then we're good favourites for the play offs. I feel like giving up this set up and squad for West Brom could be a mistake.

• Administrator

Won Premier League Manager of the Month for April

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44046843

Moore has led the Baggies to three wins and two draws since replacing Alan Pardew at the start of last month.

West Brom were bottom of the table and 10 points adrift when he took over.

They are now two points from safety with one game remaining, although could be relegated later on Tuesday when Swansea host Southampton.

A win for either side will send Moore's side down.

Moore was pictured with dozens of club staff as he collected the award.

"It's been a wonderful joint-effort by everybody here. We've just brought some unity here and it's helped the players put the performances together on the pitch," he said.

Boing boing splat!!!

who cares, shit club, shit fans, shit area, shit in general really. Darren has done well but he’s staring in a reproduction of the Green mile at Wolverhampton Civic later on this year, better off giving the job to someone more their caliber, Billy Davis 

Injustice only to Moore, WBA brought themselves down. He did his best, also gave them a life line they would probably be relegated a month ago if he wasn't appointed. Hope they give him a chance in the Championship.

Dangerous situation West Brom find themselves in. Moore has had success playing the style of football the fans of West Brom wanted Pulis to stop. Pulis replacement, Pardew, continued to try and get this squad of players to play the better football the West Brom fans craved. He, like his predecessor suffered the chop because of it.

I guess the question is one for the fans of the club, they gonna suck eggs and understand the level of play there players can perform n be successful, or are they insistent in being entertained?

If it's the latter, then I think everything Moore has done of late is by the wayside and the club should look at someone with a track record of playing pretty. If its the former, then a blood n guts, one of their own fits the bill perfectly.

I wonder what odds Moore being a coach in the Premier League next season with Middlesbrough? :ay:

• The title was changed to Darren Moore Given Permanent West Brom Managerial Role

Gotta love West Brom, whine about Pulis football so they sack him and get in Pardew to “play properly” get all but relegated and hand it to Moore who plays it in a similar style to Pulis did. Back where they started a division lower, couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of retards

Archived