• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Darren Moore Given Permanent West Brom Managerial Role

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/05/2018 at 12:20, Kitchen Sales said:

Chris Hughton for us.

He was unlucky to get sacked from  you from what I remember? Ashley didnt like his style of play. So he bought in pardrew O.oSeriously underated coach I think 

On 09/05/2018 at 11:50, True Blue said:

Injustice only to Moore, WBA brought themselves down. He did his best, also gave them a life line they would probably be relegated a month ago if he wasn't appointed. Hope they give him a chance in the Championship.

If they had got rid of pardrew a few games earlier he might have kept them up.

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He was unlucky to get sacked from  you from what I remember? Ashley didnt like his style of play. So he bought in pardrew O.oSeriously underated coach I think 

It wasn't style of play. It was because a group of players had gained significant power over the club, anti-Ashley players. They were all driven out of the club or the first team.

• Subscriber
On 5/23/2018 at 00:31, Gunnersauraus said:

If they had got rid of pardrew a few games earlier he might have kept them up.

Before West Brom played us at home, they were going to sack Pardew but didn't because they supposedly had nobody lined up to replace him. They abjectly lost that game 1-4.

They eventually end up sacking Pardew, and based on the fact they went with someone internal in Darren Moore, shows they still had that same issue.

With the way we ended the season, I could definitely have seen them beating us on that day if Moore was in charge over Pardew.

Absolutely honking error appointing him in the first place. He's done at this level for a while I think.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Before West Brom played us at home, they were going to sack Pardew but didn't because they supposedly had nobody lined up to replace him. They abjectly lost that game 1-4.

They eventually end up sacking Pardew, and based on the fact they went with someone internal in Darren Moore, shows they still had that same issue.

With the way we ended the season, I could definitely have seen them beating us on that day if Moore was in charge over Pardew.

Absolutely honking error appointing him in the first place. He's done at this level for a while I think.

I may have said this in post before but I can understand it. Pardrew has a good record on first seasons so that is probably why they got him. I agree though he is done at premiership level. Just glad he didn' get the England job. Tunisia  and Panama  would probably beat us. He does seem quite unlikable to me. I think some west Brom players have hinted at that.

• Subscriber
On 5/27/2018 at 07:44, Gunnersauraus said:

I may have said this in post before but I can understand it. Pardrew has a good record on first seasons so that is probably why they got him. I agree though he is done at premiership level. Just glad he didn' get the England job. Tunisia  and Panama  would probably beat us. He does seem quite unlikable to me. I think some west Brom players have hinted at that.

I've always felt Pardew is a bit of a bombscare. I never understood how he landed the Newcastle job, always had him down as a bit of a journeyman and not someone Newcastle should've sacked a bloke who did very well there for, but in fairness to him he did have one very good year with Newcastle.

The ultimate acid test for me managing a non-giant club is being able to gradually progress the club. I've never seen Pardew as someone who does that and for that reason I'd never want him here. Remains to be seen if Darren Moore can deliver this but I think West Brom are probably going to go backwards before they go forwards. Their business with release clauses is genuinely astounding, how can a Premier League club be ran so badly?

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I've always felt Pardew is a bit of a bombscare. I never understood how he landed the Newcastle job, always had him down as a bit of a journeyman and not someone Newcastle should've sacked a bloke who did very well there for, but in fairness to him he did have one very good year with Newcastle.

The ultimate acid test for me managing a non-giant club is being able to gradually progress the club. I've never seen Pardew as someone who does that and for that reason I'd never want him here. Remains to be seen if Darren Moore can deliver this but I think West Brom are probably going to go backwards before they go forwards. Their business with release clauses is genuinely astounding, how can a Premier League club be ran so badly?

I think that rarely happens in now days. Most managers have a good spell then have a bad spell then get sacked.

Archived