talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mo Salah Punches Opponent & Gets Away With It

Mohamed Salah will face no action from the FA over an incident involving Stoke's Bruno Martins Indi, Sky sources understand.

Referee Andre Marriner did not see the incident during the game at Anfield and it was later referred to an independent three-man panel.

Salah came under pressure from the Stoke defender on the touchline and appeared to flick out an arm at the Dutchman after releasing the ball.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I hadn't seen the incident so found some footage.

How the fuck has he got away with that? Regardless of if it connects with the opponent he's proper swung his arm for him?

You have to wonder what the hell is going on when a blatant attempt to punch an opponent goes unpunished like that?? 

I have zero faith in the governing bodies that oversee the application of the rules.. they make it up as they go along, I would love to hear the reasons why they thought it was ok or did not warrant some form of punishment. 

27 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Where was the fume from everyone after that West Brom defender on Ings the week before which went unpunished?

Hegazi should have been banned, no question. Equally, Salah should be banned for that.

Perhaps, and this is only me deliberating here, the FA have actually been influenced to not take action given they didn't ban Hegazi for punching Salah either. If they did punish Salah, they know exactly the kind of backlash they would have had received given they could have stopped him getting the golden boot.

The FA have fucked up and created their own problem here.

End of story for me.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Hegazi should have been banned, no question. Equally, Salah should be banned for that.

Perhaps, and this is only me deliberating here, the FA have actually been influenced to not take action given they didn't ban Hegazi for punching Salah either. If they did punish Salah, they know exactly the kind of backlash they would have had received given they could have stopped him getting the golden boot.

The FA have fucked up and created their own problem here.

End of story for me.

Spot on.

The people at the top of the FA need a sacking.

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Yep, look at Hegazi on Ings & Salah last week. Not a peep from any fucker on here about those incidents. 

Yes. Because this forum is riddled with West Brom fans and people that love talking about Hegazi...

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Yep, look at Hegazi on Ings & Salah last week. Not a peep from any fucker on here about those incidents. 

One for one, the FA are morons but what else is new?

Would you be having a whinge if it weren't a Liverpool player?

You could pick out a couple of ‘incidents’ in most games every week and blow a fuse about someone not being penalised retrospectively for it.

If they did the above, that, IMO, would be more derterimental to the game of Football than people believe VAR will be. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yes. Because this forum is riddled with West Brom fans and people that love talking about Hegazi...

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Would you be having a whinge if it weren't a Liverpool player?

So do we only comment on our own teams on this forum? News to me. The fact is, that West Brom defender got away with a couple of things last week and nothing was said except for myself. 

And in case you mistake this for me defending Salah's actions, I'm not. He's lucky to get away with that stupid shite. 

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

So do we only comment on our own teams on this forum? News to me. The fact is, that West Brom defender got away with a couple of things last week and nothing was said except for myself. 

And in case you mistake this for me defending Salah's actions, I'm not. He's lucky to get away with that stupid shite. 

What does that have to do with anything? I was asking if you were worked up about this discrepancy only because it Liverpool player is involved, you smeghead.

@SpikeI quoted you and the palace fan, I was responding to him also. 

Who says I'm worked up? Yet again, more of this bollocks just because I replied to the topic. 

All I'm saying is that the West Brom defender did as bad, if not worse, yet that was ignored. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

@SpikeI quoted you and the palace fan, I was responding to him also. 

Who says I'm worked up? Yet again, more of this bollocks just because I replied to the topic. 

All I'm saying is that the West Brom defender did as bad, if not worse, yet that was ignored. 

Much worse! Fuck’m Anyway, Mo’s that’s good he can do what he likes B|

Archived