talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Poch leaving Spurs? 🤔

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says the club "need more time with me or another" following their FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United.

Spurs have not won a trophy since 2008 and have now lost eight successive times in the last four of the FA Cup - twice under Pochettino.

The Argentine has been in charge at Tottenham since May 2014.

"We were competitive in the last four years but winning a trophy is not easy," said Pochettino.

Tottenham were beaten by Chelsea in last year's FA Cup semi-finals and, this time around, they took the lead against United only to lose 2-1.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to live in North London, surrounded by Spurs n Arsenal fans. This weekends result is the first time Spurs friends have text me with negative comments about their manager. I believe they are more upset with what he said after the game over going another season without winning anything.

He is obviously good at what he does, but until he rids this pretty without winning tag, others will continue to poke him and his teams with a loser stick.

Would any of the bigger clubs take a chance on him without him breaking his Duck?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Why would he leave Spurs though? Great project and they are slowly getting better albeit lack of silverware but I think he's doing a fantastic job there. Just a matter of time before it happens unless some big name is leaving in the summer and hes privy to that information.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Why would he leave Spurs though? Great project and they are slowly getting better albeit lack of silverware but I think he's doing a fantastic job there. Just a matter of time before it happens unless some big name is leaving in the summer and hes privy to that information.

win silverware.

PSG seems like a likely destination. Easy domestic trophies wins so he can claim to have finally achieved something in terms of trophies while getting a load of money.

6 hours ago, Storts said:

He’s joining Salah at Madrid 

Wow, Poch, Kane and Salah... they'll definitely give Barca a run for their money next year. They'll also have probably had to spend Spain's GDP to get them all.

the wheels on the MILL ( rumor ) goes round and round .. round and round .........

chelsea - Conte on the fringes 

Arsene has gone out.    Enrique's scent is very strong on this one.

PSG's coach chair is gonna be vacant since Emery has stepped down - now who will be the next bitch of that goat.

Zidane and Perez is doing a balancing act in Madrid, whether to kick Zizo out or let him stay, failure in the UCL will give zizo the boot, but who will take over ??

Bayern and Jupp will say goodbye to their short love affair and rumor has it that Klopp will go there.

and now here we are with this latest from Mauricio .....................

• Administrator

where have Chelsea's fees received of £446 come from :o 

I know Costa and Matic went for big sums but that's a huge amount to receive over 4 seasons but I can't think who else went for huge amounts?

Archived