talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ross McCormack Could Still Get £1m Bonus

Ross McCormack will get a near-£1million bonus if Aston Villa are promoted to the Premier League, despite not playing a single game for the club this season, Sky Sports News understands.

The Scotland international has been on loan at Melbourne City in Australia after falling out with Villa boss Steve Bruce.

It is thought McCormack earns more than £2.3m a year while commitments in his deal - which has two years left to run - could result in an automatic increase to more than £3m if Villa win the play-offs.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never got the hype with him. Plus, he clearly has an attitude problem, the guy is Nile Ranger-esque in his excuses for absences from training. 

If anything, this frankly ridiculous contract agreement shows the chasm in finances between the top championship sides and the debt-ridden shambles that is my club. No sympathy for Villa, but I do wonder if TWELVE MILLION POUNDS McCormack, having 'made it' with agreements such as this, will ever apply himself enough to actually play in the top flight. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wasn't he class at Leeds?

he was, especially in 13/14. Bossed it that season. And at Fulham for a couple of seasons after that. 

still moved for obscene price to Villa in Championship. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

he was, especially in 13/14. Bossed it that season. And at Fulham for a couple of seasons after that. 

still moved for obscene price to Villa in Championship. 

He was good with us as well, until Jones fobbed him off after we got Chopra back.

22 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

I never got the hype with him. Plus, he clearly has an attitude problem, the guy is Nile Ranger-esque in his excuses for absences from training. 

If anything, this frankly ridiculous contract agreement shows the chasm in finances between the top championship sides and the debt-ridden shambles that is my club. No sympathy for Villa, but I do wonder if TWELVE MILLION POUNDS McCormack, having 'made it' with agreements such as this, will ever apply himself enough to actually play in the top flight. 

Really good for us. I could never knock Ross because he put in 100% whilst here and was top scorer twice. His last season with us he was phenominal and was the second best player in the division behind Danny Ings. He had a lot of time for our fans and was really settled. Probably had the best times of his career with us I'd say. Had we not had that clown Cellino, we may well have kept Ross rather than lose him to Fulham's big spending.

I don't condone some of his behaviour at Villa. And I wouldn't have it if he had done it with us. No player can go round thinking they can do whatever they like. But there's always two sides to every story. I think Villa are to blame for throwing so much cash at him for starters, and Steve Bruce is an actual cunt himself, I've no doubt's he's not acted entirely professional and decent during McCormack's spell there.

Archived