talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Andy Carroll Sent Home From Training

West Ham's Andy Carroll was sent home from training yesterday following a furious bust-up with manager David Moyes, Sky Sports News understands.

The striker was clearly frustrated during Sunday's home defeat to Manchester City, remaining on the bench as an unused substitute before disappearing down the tunnel towards the end of the match.

In his post-match interview, Moyes promised to "deal with it", and yesterday the pair were involved in a heated exchange before Moyes sent Carroll home.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was as thou Sky knew something was in the air during the game against City. It looked like they had a camera fixed on the West Ham bench waiting for a reaction from the big feller. One wonders if another John Hartson ^ Eyal Berkovic moment took place behind closed doors  :ay:

To be fair to Carroll, Moyes doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

It wouldn't have hurt to bring on Carroll who actually rescued a point for them against Stoke in their last home game to at least raise the crowd.

That said, I've always got the impression Carroll believes he's a big fish in a small pond down there.

West Ham would benefit by having neither quite frankly.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's returned after being fined by the club. I would say I imagine he will leave this summer but I don't know anybody that would take the gamble on him.

I'd have him back here. We will need to relace Gayle and Joselu/Slimani/Mitro in the squad this summer and I think Carroll is the right fit for the type of that latter group we want.

It's the £90k a week and the daft fee West Ham will want for him that is off putting. But with a year left on his deal maybe we can get him for under £10m.

11 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I'd have him back here. We will need to relace Gayle and Joselu/Slimani/Mitro in the squad this summer and I think Carroll is the right fit for the type of that latter group we want.

It's the £90k a week and the daft fee West Ham will want for him that is off putting. But with a year left on his deal maybe we can get him for under £10m.

That's what I was getting at. Its a big financial outlay for somebody with his history of injuries. 

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

That's what I was getting at. Its a big financial outlay for somebody with his history of injuries. 

If he can just knock Moyes' block off like he did with Steven Taylor then his price will come down :ph34r:

Archived