talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Goal.com

football forum

sorry,  i don't know where to post this.  

i just want to ask you guys what's your opinion about this website ---     https://www.goal.com/en?ICID=HP

coz for me, i only use them to update on live scores.   during matchdays they have this section called Goals As They Go In, sort of a summary of that day's game.

but their commentary and editorial sections are bullshit.    They act like they know everything about football.   Bias commentary.    and of course Flip-Flopping.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

never really use it. seen a few transfer 'rumours' come from the site but usually just lazy journalism re-hashed from somewhere else.

for live scores I use flashscores.com 

• The title was changed to Goal.com
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

never really use it. seen a few transfer 'rumours' come from the site but usually just lazy journalism re-hashed from somewhere else.

for live scores I use flashscores.com 

woohoo !! thanks for this stan.   now i won't get to check on that stupid site again.      as for live matches, i just usually find some free live streamings such as batmanstream :P

• Administrator
Just now, bozziovai said:

woohoo !! thanks for this stan.   now i won't get to check on that stupid site again.      as for live matches, i just usually find some free live streamings such as batmanstream :P

from a betting perspective I use flashscores because you can group games together and keep track of what happens separately.

I use sofascore for that. I can set games up to ping notifications to my phone for goals and such in games I choose. It seems to be the fastest as well. I can sit in front of the tv watching a game and my phone buzzes within 5 seconds of a goal.

It's also faster than Jeff Stelling.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I use sofascore for that. I can set games up to ping notifications to my phone for goals and such in games I choose. It seems to be the fastest as well. I can sit in front of the tv watching a game and my phone buzzes within 5 seconds of a goal.

It's also faster than Jeff Stelling.

flashscores (and livescores) use the same platform and basically a mirror of each site. Can also get phone notifications for both.

The most annoying thing about that is you can get notifications of a goal but then a correction about a minute later saying no goal.

Just now, Stan said:

flashscores (and livescores) use the same platform and basically a mirror of each site. Can also get phone notifications for both.

The most annoying thing about that is you can get notifications of a goal but then a correction about a minute later saying no goal.

Same on sofascore I just prefer Sofascores interface. It seems more modern and clean.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Futbol 24 is the best

Its like dailymail with their writing.

If you want an app to follow the live scores on phone, "score" is a good one as it not only covers football but also a wide variety of other sports.

I used to like goal.com about 6 years ago. 

Mainly i dumped it because smart phone became my main way of viewing the site and their website was very mobile unfriendly. 

The articles could be computer generated but liked the balance that it had in terms of page space for the many leagues of Europe. More diversity on the front page articles than many others..  Now i don't have the time to follow multiple leagues just my local one and epl. So it wouldn't have the appeal to draw me back. 

16 hours ago, Panna King said:

goal.com is just a rumour website, its full of shit. 

their articles are very inconsistent.    this week complimenting a certain for a job well done and the very next week, they'll be blasting the same team for a very bad performance.

Archived