• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Marc Albrighton Charged by FA

Recommended Posts

For the referee to feel the need to mention his behaviour in his report after the game I imagine what he said was pretty bad.

Never particularly liked the bloke. When I watched him as a kid at Villa he came across like a twat and he hasn't exactly got better with age. One of the characters Leicester could probably do with shipping off so they can usher in a new era.

Leicester winger Marc Albrighton has been charged with misconduct by the FA following his sending off at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The charge relates to Albrighton's behaviour towards referee Mike Dean following his dismissal. He has until 6pm on Thursday to respond to the charge.

Albrighton was dismissed during the second half at Selhurst Park with Leicester trailing 2-0 and they ended up suffering a 5-0 defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 2nd paragraph? Wtf? 

How did he come across like a twat at villa? And how has he got worse with us xD

This is the like the first bad thing he's done while he's been at Leicester? Odd comment from you! 

Also, love how Salah and Hegazi can escape punishment for punching players but naturally protest a red card and you get further punishment. Let's not act like Mike Dean isn't a prick anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stan said:

That 2nd paragraph? Wtf? 

How did he come across like a twat at villa? And how has he got worse with us xD

This is the like the first bad thing he's done while he's been at Leicester? Odd comment from you! 

Also, love how Salah and Hegazi can escape punishment for punching players but naturally protest a red card and you get further punishment. Let's not act like Mike Dean isn't a prick anyway. 

Every footballer who has been sent off has protested their dismissal; not many get further action based on what they've actually said.

The attitude that players are somehow above the person officiating the game needs to be stamped out. Physical actions against an opponent, while wrong, are a strawman argument in this case - referees have a difficult enough task without getting abuse from a supposed professional. 

Players of every other contact sport respect their referees (even fucking Ice Hockey which is far more testosterone-driven than football and has a fight every game), why can't footballers?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StefBWFC said:

Every footballer who has been sent off has protested their dismissal; not many get further action based on what they've actually said.

The attitude that players are somehow above the person officiating the game needs to be stamped out. Physical actions against an opponent, while wrong, are a strawman argument in this case - referees have a difficult enough task without getting abuse from a supposed professional. 

Players of every other contact sport respect their referees (even fucking Ice Hockey which is far more testosterone-driven than football and has a fight every game), why can't footballers?

Oh I totally agree. Every player will react in the heat of the moment hence why I say 'naturally' protest it. It could be the most blatant foul ever and players will still protest. There's certain ways to question an official's decision and footballers have a long way to learning how to do it correctly. Decisions in rugby get made and the politeness in the heat of the moment is incredible at times, no matter what level you're playing it. 

It's almost neanderthal-esque the way footballers treat officials sometimes.

But part of me thinks @The Palace Fan only created this topic because it was against his beloved Palace that Albrighton got sent off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh I totally agree. Every player will react in the heat of the moment hence why I say 'naturally' protest it. It could be the most blatant foul ever and players will still protest. There's certain ways to question an official's decision and footballers have a long way to learning how to do it correctly. Decisions in rugby get made and the politeness in the heat of the moment is incredible at times, no matter what level you're playing it. 

It's almost neanderthal-esque the way footballers treat officials sometimes.

But part of me thinks @The Palace Fan only created this topic because it was against his beloved Palace that Albrighton got sent off...

I created the thread more so because there's Leicester City fans on here and the attitude of footballers towards referees is a topic for discussion. The fact on the five or so occasions I've seen Marc Albrighton play live since 2012 and he's behaved like a twat on each occassion is neither here nor there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know they're as consistent as ever. I'm not trying to say what he did was right but I'm fed up of these double standards. It's indefensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2018 at 23:44, Dan said:

Nice to know they're as consistent as ever. I'm not trying to say what he did was right but I'm fed up of these double standards. It's indefensible.

I agree... Albrighton's actions prove he is an indefensible wankstain. :clown:

Any player who abuses the referee should be given a five match ban as a minimum. I'd quite happily see retrospective 1 match bans handed out to every single player who crowds and pressures the referee en masse after a decision they don't like.

There's no place for it and severe punishments would soon end this kind of playground bullshit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, but like I say, there's absolutely no consistency. Where's Rooney's punishments? He's the worst for it out of everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I agree, but like I say, there's absolutely no consistency. Where's Rooney's punishments? He's the worst for it out of everyone.

Andy Carroll as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Banned for three games AND fined £25,000.

That fine is fucking excessive!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good.

Lesson learned: don't be a twat to the official, or you lose three whole days' pay.

Not even scratching the surface, rinse him for two months' worth. It would soon stop this shite. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stan said:

Banned for three games AND fined £25,000.

That fine is fucking excessive!! 

Three whole days pay. Ooooo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement