talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yaya Touré Joins Olympiakos

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant player, had a couple of sublime seasons and deserves his place in history. Also did a good job at Barcelona, wasn't fancied much as a midfielder by Guardiola but did a fantastic job at centre back in the Champions League final in 2009. That's a great player.

• Administrator

Absolute tank of a player and has come up with some beautiful, and important, goals over the years. 

The left footed shot against Arsenal stands out. Caressed in to the corner. Lovely. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Absolute tank of a player and has come up with some beautiful, and important, goals over the years. 

The left footed shot against Arsenal stands out. Caressed in to the corner. Lovely. 

That sounds very homoerotic.

Legend, in his prime he used to just run through teams, it was like he'd gate crashed an under 7's game at times xD   ...awesome free kick taker, scorer of one of the greatest goals ever scored at Wembley & birthday cake gates!

Just now, Panna King said:

Gets a bit annoying as they do it in the Darts now. 

Ha ha they were doing it in this club I went to a few weeks ago. 

• The title was changed to Yaya Toure - Guardiola Confirms Player Will Leave Man City
  • Subscriber

Not even a City fan but I'll never forget the two late goals against Newcastle that he scored which were just as instrumental in securing that first title as Crystanbul and Agueroooooooo.

Edit: I'm retarded. Crystanbul was a different season.

Pep Guardiola has finally brought down the curtain on Yaya Touré’s Manchester City career and guaranteed the midfielder a memorable farewell in front of his home crowd next week.

Touré, who turns 35 at the end of the season, had an uncomfortable start to his time under Guardiola, following controversial comments by his agent Dimitri Seluk that were critical of the manager.

But Touré worked his way back into Guardiola’s first-team squad last season and, while he has been limited to nine substitute appearances in the Premier League in 2017-18, he will collect his third Premier League title when City are handed the trophy after Sunday's meeting with Huddersfield.

"He will not stay after this season,” said Guardiola. “The Brighton game we will give him what he deserves. One of the most beautiful farewells a player can receive.

“All the game will we be focused on winning the game against Brighton for Yaya, and we are going to try to do it for him.”

Touré’s spell with City, since signing from Barcelona for £24 million in July 2010, has coincided with the club’s rise to prominence, backed by the Abu Dhabi royal family although Guardiola insists that his influence extends well beyond the football pitch.

I hope he gets a leaving cake! 

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yaya Toure is not ruling out a move to Manchester United. Anything for that birthday cake.

I thought about that too... Nobody does birthday cakes like United.  World renowned! xD

• 3 months later...

Archived