talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jordan Pickford Dominates Everton Award Show

Thought this deserved it's own thread given the World Cup Goalkeeper conundrum and the fact he only had TWO clean sheets under Koeman and that blob Unsworth. For all the boring football, I think Sam deserves credit here.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford bagged a hat-trick of prizes at Everton's end of season awards evening.

The 24-year-old joined from Sunderland last summer and has enjoyed a fine first season at Goodison Park, earning his first England cap in November.

He has now collected the awards for Everton's Player of the Season, Players' Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season at a ceremony at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Without Pickford, we'd probably still have been in trouble until this recent run of 4 wins and 2 draws in the last seven.

Top class keeper, deserved England number 1.

Has his distribution been as impressive as Sunderland fans described last season?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Has his distribution been as impressive as Sunderland fans described last season?

No I don't understand why everyone bums over it. He's got the right mindset in getting the ball out quickly and a hell of a kick on him which can occasionally set an opportunity up on the break straight out of his hands, but he also seems to put as many of his kicks into touch.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

No I don't understand why everyone bums over it. He's got the right mindset in getting the ball out quickly and a hell of a kick on him which can occasionally set an opportunity up on the break straight out of his hands, but he also seems to put as many of his kicks into touch.

reminds me of Schmeichel.

Occasionally would nail a pass to a team-mate when we played counter-attacking football but his kicking in general can be utter shite sometimes.

Archived