talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daley Blind set to join Bayern

Manchester United are willing to listen to offers for defenders Daley Blind this summer, according to Sky sources.

United exercised an option to extend Blind's contract by a further year in February in order to prevent the Netherlands international leaving on a free transfer in the summer.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This player is a left over from the previous manager. Blind is a family friend of van Gaal with plenty of eyes raised in Holland when Louis made Daley one of his first signings.

Cant say I have ever been impressed with him during his time at the club, which can be said about almost all other defenders at United during LVG & present managers time.

I think in a club that plays a more progressive style and was willing to play him as a holding mid he'd look quality. He's a class player imo but at United he's been limited by the constant need to do a job in different positions. 

Even then, the fact that he can go to CB or LB and still look alright shows that he's got a great awareness. 

• 2 months later...

It sounds like he may be moving to Ajax. On the outset, given his versatility and promise this should have been a signing that seen him come a fan favourite and spend most of his career at United. Similar to many unfashionable names under Fergie. I guess it just wasn't to be.

• The title was changed to Daley Blind - Heading Back to Ajax
On 7/8/2018 at 21:08, The Palace Fan said:

It sounds like he may be moving to Ajax. On the outset, given his versatility and promise this should have been a signing that seen him come a fan favourite and spend most of his career at United. Similar to many unfashionable names under Fergie. I guess it just wasn't to be.

Mourinho didn't really get on with him, as it is isnt his player.  Blind is always handy to have though as he can play centre back, left and also in midfield.    

On 14/07/2018 at 16:43, The Palace Fan said:

Fourteen Million seems like a lot for a defensive versatile player that's largely underperformed.

I thought this. For what he's done, it should be half that with add ons. It's a  lot of money for Ajax.

23 minutes ago, Rick said:

I thought this. For what he's done, it should be half that with add ons. It's a  lot of money for Ajax.

Ajax have lots of money, probably richer then some Premier League clubs at the moment, with the amount they have in their accounts. 

11 hours ago, Panna King said:

Ajax have lots of money, probably richer then some Premier League clubs at the moment, with the amount they have in their accounts. 

A bit off topic, but anyway. Are Ajax keeping Neres for next season, Panna?

9 hours ago, El Profesor said:

A bit off topic, but anyway. Are Ajax keeping Neres for next season, Panna?

Yes Neres will stay for at least another year,  Ajax cannot afford to lose anymore players, they already lost Kluivert and Ziyech is probably leaving as well and now Blind has come in which will mean Frenkie de Jong will go to Barcelona. 

12 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

All been confirmed on Sky.

I'm sure he will have a long and successful career at Ajax. It's just a shame that given his initial promise he will amount to nothing more across Europe.

He was average before at Ajax, its only because he had a good World Cup in 2014 and it was a player Van Gaal liked and trusted due to Blind able to play in a number of positions, he was never going to be a top player. 

• The title was changed to Daley Blind set to join Bayern

Archived