talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands World Cup team of players.

Even though The Netherlands didn't qualify there are several players who choose to play for other countries.

Manager: Bert Van Marwijk ( Australia)

Assistant Manager: Mark Van Bommel ( Australia)

Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (Germany

Karim El Ahmadi (Morocco)

Nordin Amrabat (Morocco)

Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)

Sofyan Amrabat (Morocco)

Zakaria Labyad (Morocco)

Yassin Ayoub (Morocco)

Mimoun Mahi (Morocco)

Aaron Mooy (Australia)

Marco Asensio (Spain)

Mike Havenaar (Japan)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

looks like they made the correct decision as they can now actually go and play in a World Cup :D 

:(  there are probably more but these are the ones I thought of the top of my head.  but yea anyone with joint nationality at the moment is not always picking Holland.   Asensio would of been perfect and he got put off when he spoke with Danny Blind about the National team, he was keen when Van Nistelrooy went to meet him.

Even Ter Stegen's Wife is Dutch xD and she is hot! 

https://www.instagram.com/danijehle_/?utm_source=ig_embed

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Aaron Mooy is as Dutch as I am English. xD If we are going through such slight heritage, then the list could be a lot longer.

His mum is Dutch, plus he had Dutch Nationality, so hardly slight Heritage xD

Born Aaron Kuhlman, his Dutch mother changed his surname when she separated from his father when Mooy was a toddler.

After that Mooy saw his father just once — and then only briefly.

“I met him once to get him to sign forms for my Dutch passport, that was the only time,” Mooy said this week.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-star-aaron-mooys-family-values-ground-a-player-whose-career-is-set-for-take-off/news-story/961937a402a506d0527a2079db5b14f0

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

His mum is Dutch, plus he had Dutch Nationality, so hardly slight Heritage xD

Born Aaron Kuhlman, his Dutch mother changed his surname when she separated from his father when Mooy was a toddler.

After that Mooy saw his father just once — and then only briefly.

“I met him once to get him to sign forms for my Dutch passport, that was the only time,” Mooy said this week.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-city-star-aaron-mooys-family-values-ground-a-player-whose-career-is-set-for-take-off/news-story/961937a402a506d0527a2079db5b14f0

Nah, that's wrong

9 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Why are there so many Moroccans?

Due to the fact in the 1950s-70's a lot of Moroccans came to the Netherlands to work, so generations gone there are more now,  same also in Belgium.

Archived