talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 3rd May - Atlético Madrid (2) 1-0 (1) Arsenal (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Have a feeling something epic is on the horizon!  Wenger's final heavenly moment in football.

a loss?

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Have a feeling something epic is on the horizon!  Wenger's final heavenly moment in football.

Everything went our way at home, we played against ten men and Simeone was sent off, and we still couldn't win. I don't think we have a chance here. At 1-0 I was feeling hopeful, but that late fuck up has killed my hopes of us getting to the final.

33 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Everything went our way at home, we played against ten men and Simeone was sent off, and we still couldn't win. I don't think we have a chance here. At 1-0 I was feeling hopeful, but that late fuck up had killed my hopes of us getting to the final.

I agree with you mate and I'm not going to go back to the disaster of the first leg.  But there have been greater feats than what we have to achieve tonight and unexpected results where we have to look no further than Barcelona winning 4-1 from the first leg and losing 3-0 in the second. It's unwritten as of yet mate!  Have faith! ;)

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Nah not yet bud. Depends how much I need it

Trust me, we need it mate. I'll let you drink two pints for my every one pint because this is big for us.  It makes a difference no matter what some think. 

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Trust me, we need it mate. I'll let you drink two pints for my every one pint because this is big for us.  It makes a difference no matter what some think. 

Definitely. If we win and go in the champions league it will be much easier for the new manager.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

At the end of the day, after a disappointing season it's nice to have the chance to win a cup... even if it's a cup for a competition you didn't care to be in. And the prize is a big one now that the CL is part of it. So it's definitely a big moment for an Arsenal that have a lot to prove.

It would also be a nice way for Wenger to go out, despite the rough time he's had in the last few seasons.

Koscielny's had issues with his achilles all season. Looks like he's totally fucked it there. Hopefully it's nothing serious but going by his reaction, he could be out for a long time. Probably misses out on the World Cup.

• Administrator

Koscielny looked absolutely distraught following his injury. Probably knew his chances of going to  Russia are over.

• The title was changed to Thursday 3rd May - Atlético Madrid (2) 1-0 (1) Arsenal (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived