talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 3rd May - Atlético Madrid (2) 1-0 (1) Arsenal (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great 1st half by Godín. Atlético (physically) has lost a step at this point of the season. Not many ideas upfront, but if the collective defence remains focused there are many chances to pass to the final.

• Subscriber

Think Bellerin has been a liability so far and he should be tracking more because against a player like Costa you've got to be one step ahead of him otherwise he'll bully you off the ball. 

I still want Arsenal to win this game tonight and its anyone's for the taking if they can get a goal in. 

• Administrator

Savage by Keown, saying Arsenal's defence is their 'achilles heel' just as they finish talking about Koscielny. 

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

As Gunnersaurus just said... We always needed a goal and things remain in the status quo regarding this. It’s still up for grabs!

We look really up for it. Everyone giving 100% all you can ask

Bellerín didn’t read the play after his first mini sprint. He then jogged on and when Costa reacted even before Atleti had won the ball back it was too late. In games like these especially against a team that’s recently been in two Champions League finals you need to think ahead. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Bellerín didn’t read the play after his first mini sprint. He then jogged on and when Costa reacted even before Atleti had won the ball back it was too late. In games like these especially against a team that’s recently been in two Champions League finals you need to think ahead. 

He does it all the time, never learns when comes to Defending 

Is Koscielny missing the World Cup a bad thing for France though? I haven't seen him this season but have always been under the impression Varane and Umtiti are better, the latter of whom I highly rate. Former who I'm torn on.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ozil has done nothing also,  wilshere has been poor

Ramsey unusually poor too. 

• Administrator
Just now, 6666 said:

Frustrating watch this. A lot of "nearly" moments. Atletico always doing just about enough.

Godin is annoying.

he's annoyingly good! 

I remember how amazing he was against us in the 2nd leg last season. He seemed to be everywhere and blocked almost everything. He's an absolute rock. 

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

Same? He had a red and white scarf on too, don’t think it was an Arsenal one.

yeah he looked too happy to be an Arsenal fan xD 

• Administrator
Just now, Kowabunga said:

He is. He is also very "patriotic", to say the least.

yeah I know he's one of Spain's darlings and I'm a big fan of his tennis but didn't think he'd change allegiance football-wise! Already a bit conflicted with his uncle being a Barca legend. 

• The title was changed to Thursday 3rd May - Atlético Madrid (2) 1-0 (1) Arsenal (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived