talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 3rd May - Atlético Madrid (2) 1-0 (1) Arsenal (SF 2nd Leg)

6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I've only seen a good chunk of the second half but Savage repeated like 50 times that Arsenal were the better team on the night. They had one shot on target? The better team?  xD

Saw that on Twitter xD

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Tell that to many Arsenal fans. They seem to be hypnotised by his rare moments of magic which in all fairness he's got in his locker. But he is the laziest footballer I've seen in my whole life. 

Lacazette looks like Darren Bent and also plays like him now. Darren Bent is 34 years old on loan at Burton Albion.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Tell that to many Arsenal fans. They seem to be hypnotised by his rare moments of magic which in all fairness he's got in his locker. But he is the laziest footballer I've seen in my whole life. 

Wenger out, change of goalkeeper, re-evaluating Ozil... This offseason is looking like a good time to move on for Arsenal.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal were poor didnt have a chance 

It goes to show that Europe is a lot more than just participating in cup football. Arsene Wenger is the king of cup football in England and yet in Europe he's been cac.  The Atleti players are seasoned European elite players and all of that was visible over the two legs with one game having everything against them. 

A sad exit for Wenger. I would've loved to see him in another European final, even if it wasn't the big one.

But fair is fair, Arsenal didn't look like they were going to make it for even a second. They just lacked the quality and creativity to put the pressure on Atlético. Ramsey, Monreal and Bellerín looked pisspoor in particular. Every time they had the chance to create danger from the box, they just shot it straight into a defender or wide over all of their team mates. Arsenal must be kicking themselves they didn't finish the job in the home game.

Atletico weren't impressive at all in either leg and they don't pretend to be impressive. It's basically Mourinho's most effective version of Chelsea.

And some of the attempts at analysis on here has been ridiculously stupid. Ozil's performance definitely wasn't lazy, he was all over the pitch and even came deep and tackled a few times. And that's not just with this game, statistically he usually runs around more than most players. Covered more ground than Alexis while he was at Arsenal but statistics are apparently lies whereas narrative peddled by moronic pundits is gospel which leads to the brain dead morons on ArsenalFanTV.

There wasn't a lack of effort there, to suggest that suggests you weren't watching the game. Atletico defended deep and defended well, not many teams have found a way past that and we weren't good enough to find a way past that either.

Xhaka & Chambers did well again, everyone else were nearly good but ultimately messed up right at the end.

9 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Wenger out, change of goalkeeper, re-evaluating Ozil... This offseason is looking like a good time to move on for Arsenal.

Özil hasn't even been evaluated let alone re-evaluated mate.  This guy is living a brilliant life off of performing when his teammates click. He doesn't carry anything and that's not a world class player for me.

There is change at the club though, plenty of change that's been going on for about a year now. But so much needs to happen that it's scary.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Congrats to Diego S. And his squad. Love his tactics! EFFECTIVENESS l

Funny thing is, you're actually one of the few that's actually being consistent with his opinion. Most will criticise Mourinho for this type of tactic but will then laud Simeone for the exact same thing. xD

21 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I did laugh at that to be honest but the genuine answer to that is that Simeone has never been in a position to sign established world beaters and spend billions while continuing to play boring primitive football and of course... "Parking the bloody bus" B|;)

Although to put things straight... Never ever said I like El Cholo's brand of football at all.  Just found it amazing that with a club with much less resources than many around has managed to compete with the monsters.

This earlier today quoting Asura in another thread.

It felt like Arsenal could have played till midnight and still wouldn't have found a way to score. 

Arsenal always seem to pay for lack of concentration. First leg it cost them, one moment tonight it cost them. You never feel like they have a clean sheet in them.

And there are times when they look like they run out of ideas in front of goal and don't have the capabilities to mix up their game and find a way.

That side out there tonight quite frankly had no belief they could ever turn that around for me, and that is sadly the reason why it's time for them to start a fresh.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This earlier today quoting Asura in another thread.

Simeone always mention that his must "saber sufrir". This really reflects the kind of attitude and the style of football he establishes as a manager.

Still, how in the world he finished dead last with River Plate? xD

He may not have spent loads of money but Simeone still has a lot of good players in his squad. He can have his team play however he wants and it's definitely effective but you can't say that he has no choice but to play like this. This isn't like Burnley. He chooses to play like this, he wants to play like this and fairplay to him, it works.

Simeone has a Mourinho poster up on his bedroom wall.

27 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Atletico weren't impressive at all in either leg and they don't pretend to be impressive. It's basically Mourinho's most effective version of Chelsea.

And some of the attempts at analysis on here has been ridiculously stupid. Ozil's performance definitely wasn't lazy, he was all over the pitch and even came deep and tackled a few times. And that's not just with this game, statistically he usually runs around more than most players. Covered more ground than Alexis while he was at Arsenal but statistics are apparently lies whereas narrative peddled by moronic pundits is gospel which leads to the brain dead morons on ArsenalFanTV.

There wasn't a lack of effort there, to suggest that suggests you weren't watching the game. Atletico defended deep and defended well, not many teams have found a way past that and we weren't good enough to find a way past that either.

Xhaka & Chambers did well again, everyone else were nearly good but ultimately messed up right at the end.

I think a better quality team or a better managed team would have found a way through tonight. I think there's a reason why Atlético have dropped down to the Europa and say this was the knockouts of the Champions League it would have been a different story for Atlético. 

10 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I think a better quality team or a better managed team would have found a way through tonight. I think there's a reason why Atlético have dropped down to the Europa and say this was the knockouts of the Champions League it would have been a different story for Atlético. 

They dropped down because they didn't score enough. Defensively they conceded the least in their group.

If we didn't gift them a goal at the Emirates and put our chances away then it would've been interesting to see how they would've played tonight but that wasn't the case and they played how they know how to play better than anyone right now.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I've only seen a good chunk of the second half but Savage repeated like 50 times that Arsenal were the better team on the night. They had one shot on target? The better team?  xD

Thought the same as well. Couldn't believe what I was hearing. Atletico had probably the better clear cut chances to make it 2-0 rather than Arsenal equalising.

I didn't think Arsenal were bad but it was classic Atletico. They lull you into a false sense of security.

Never mind Arsenal. Only the best sides draw 1-1 at home and lose 1-0 at Atletico.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It goes to show that Europe is a lot more than just participating in cup football. Arsene Wenger is the king of cup football in England and yet in Europe he's been cac.  The Atleti players are seasoned European elite players and all of that was visible over the two legs with one game having everything against them. 

Well its a few things like Trust, leadership and organisation, everrything Arsenal do not have at all in this team.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

He may not have spent loads of money but Simeone still has a lot of good players in his squad. He can have his team play however he wants and it's definitely effective but you can't say that he has no choice but to play like this. This isn't like Burnley. He chooses to play like this, he wants to play like this and fairplay to him, it works.

Reveal hidden contents

Simeone has a Mourinho poster up on his bedroom wall.

I think he's more negative than Mourinho tbh. And his teams are usually really fucking dirty. I hate him & Atletico tbh.

But Arsenal were poor unfortunately, and we won't see a happy ending for Wenger. Hope he gets a nice send off.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Blue said:

I didn't see the game but it doesn't surprise me to hear that Godin played well. He's surely going to go down as one of the most underrated defenders of this generation. Easily the best South American CB and one of the best in the world.

I honestly think in terms of pure defensive attributes, he's the best on the planet.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived