talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 3rd May - RB Salzburg (2) 2-1aet (3) Marseille (SF 2nd Leg)

• Administrator
Just now, El_Loco said:

I´m for the implementation of VAR, but I think Brian is right in this case. VAR wouldn´t be of help in that corner call.

VAR can only be used in 4 situations: goals, penalties, red cards and mistaken identity in awarding a card. 

I know. I get the point he was making. I get how VAR works. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

did you even see it?

The referee was right in front of the shot from a Marseille player that hit his own team-mate.

It was human error ffs. 

I did see it, I want you to answer me this though: how was the goal the referee's fault? If it was a penalty I would give you the benefit of the doubt. It was a corner, something that takes concentration and focus to get out. It was their own fault they conceded, not the referee's. 

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I did see it, I want you to answer me this though: how was the goal the referee's fault? If it was a penalty I would give you the benefit of the doubt. It was a corner, something that takes concentration and focus to get out. It was their own fault they conceded, not the referee's. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Huge blunder from the officials. Gotta defend the corner though. Criminal not to have anyone on the posts!

I made the same point as you. But you can't deny the officials made a mistake (you might)?

Answer me this - if the referee gives the correct decision, is a goal scored?

I get the corner should be defended. But Salzburg wouldn't have had a corner to defend if the officials got the decision right.

Just now, Stan said:

I made the same point as you. But you can't deny the officials made a mistake (you might)?

Answer me this - if the referee gives the correct decision, is a goal scored?

I get the corner should be defended. But Salzburg wouldn't have had a corner to defend if the officials got the decision right.

I didn't see your post, but yeah ultimately Salzburg needs to defend it. Again, if it was a penalty or even a dangerous free kick, then you could make a very strong case that the referee gifted it, but not if it was a corner, regardless of it being a human error or not.

My point was all in all though that its getting boring seeing people on social media ask for VAR everytime a referee makes a decision they don't like. Saw it today for this corner, saw it a few weeks back when Juventus conceded that penalty against Madrid. 

You know well that I'm anti-VAR but I'm not actually complaining about the system. I'm complaining about the people who look for excuses just to implement it. I don't want it, but I have accepted it WILL be added to most leagues in the game by this point. There's no stopping it and there isn't much else for me to do other than suck it up.

2 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Speaking of Marcelo handball, there was also a handball not called as a penalty for Marseille and an offside in the second Salzburg goal. I know two wrongs don´t make a right, my point is officiating was poor all night. 

I saw the high lights as I missed most the game. I saw a handball on Salzburgs 2nd. Thanks for pointing it out. Makes the loss more bearable 🙂

• The topic was unpinned

Archived