talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kieran Tierney - Signs for Arsenal

Kieran Tierney could be a "hell of a player" at Manchester United, Sky Sports Scottish football expert and former Celtic team-mate Kris Commons believes.

The Scotland left-back has been watched by a string of Premier League clubs and Commons says he is being touted as a potential newcomer at either United or Arsenal this summer.

Commons insists that if Tierney can transfer his confident nature to any of these clubs then he could prove a smash-hit in England's top flight and become Scotland's next captain.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only go off people raving about him as I’ve never seen him play. Don’t watch Celtic and not going to pretend I do. We all know how it ended up with Shaw. We have a tendency to turn gold into absolute fucking pish.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

I can only go off people raving about him as I’ve never seen him play. Don’t watch Celtic and not going to pretend I do. We all know how it ended up with Shaw. We have a tendency to turn gold into absolute fucking pish.

I remember thinking Shaw was going to be ace and being gutted that we didn't get him. I remember when Harry Kewell was choosing between us and you lot too - both parties probably expecting his next club would get more of that Leeds form.

Weird how that can work out.

Celtic fans/Scotland fans seem to think that Tierney is fucking outstanding. So that has to count for something.

Are both of Scotland's best players both left backs?

He'd be utterly wasted.

I don't expect him to be a one club man realistically because he sincerely could be one of the few best full-backs in Europe, but all I ask is that when he does go, he goes to a team where he has a realistic chance of fulfillng his potential. He should look at all the other young players that have went there and hold out for better.

P.S. I'd say Robertson is better than him atm, but they are our two best players. Tierney is earlier in his development, but has far more potential imo.

31 minutes ago, Inverted said:

He'd be utterly wasted.

I don't expect him to be a one club man realistically because he sincerely could be one of the few best full-backs in Europe, but all I ask is that when he does go, he goes to a team where he has a realistic chance of fulfillng his potential. He should look at all the other young players that have went there and hold out for better.

P.S. I'd say Robertson is better than him atm, but they are our two best players. Tierney is earlier in his development, but has far more potential imo.

Trust a country like Scotland that needs elite talent at an international level to have their two best players as LBs.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Trust a country like Scotland that needs elite talent at an international level to have their two best players as LBs.

Yup. We have a few good players coming through or entering their prime who could potentially be a consistently decent national side. If we had one world-class performer on top of that it's a bonus, but somehow having two in the one position feels like a kick in the balls.

Tierney is decent at RB, but really getting the best out them both would probably require that the national team be built around a more unorthodox system with Andy LWB and Tierney as a kinda libero-type CB. Or you could possibly play one of them at left-mid, but nobody has tried that yet.

Bournemouth are looking to swoop ahead of Premier League rivals to sign left-back Kieran Tierney from Celtic this summer, Sky Sports News understands.

The 20-year-old has impressed for the Scottish champions again this season and been watched by a string of top clubs including Tottenham and Manchester United.

Sky sources claim Eddie Howe has made Tierney his top left-back target as he looks to improve his squad ahead of next season - their fourth in the Premier League.

Kieran Tierney says reported interest from Bournemouth is "flattering", but insists his focus is on Celtic.

Sky Sports News understands Bournemouth have made Tierney their top left-back target this summer as they look to sign the 20-year-old ahead of Premier League rivals.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

I'd hope our club are looking at signing him. He'd be a good replacement for Fuchs and give some good option alongside Chilwell.

I think the competition will end up hindering them both to be honest. The more first team exposure they get next season the better.

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I think the competition will end up hindering them both to be honest. The more first team exposure they get next season the better.

True. I've got a lot of love for Chilwell and the way he's progressed over the past couple of seasons. Can't help but think we would need better in that department if we want to progress as a team though. Not to say I'd get rid of him though! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 8 months later...

There's really absolutely no reason he should accept a club without CL football. His quality is obvious enough and when an opening emerges at a top club in a major league, he'll be an affordable, world class LB. 

Until then, he might as well stay. 

5 hours ago, Inverted said:

If Arsenal have had a £15 million bid rejected, we should be refusing any further negotiations with them. 

Insulting offer. And they're not remotely good enough for him. 

He's playing in the Scottish league. A move to Bournemouth would be an improvement for him.

• The title was changed to Kieran Tierney - Arsenal Agree Fee With Celtic

Archived