talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kieran Tierney - Signs for Arsenal

11 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Doing it in a better league raises a player's credibility and in turn raises their value.

With scouting these days, it's possible to identify world class players even in smaller leagues.

Guendouzi for example went from playing a bit-part role in a mid-table Ligue 2 side, to being a PL regular in one season. Lorient were mugs to let him go for so little. 

If Arsenal's scouts have decided Tierney is worth going for, then they know his quality, and we should hold out for an appropriate bid. Much bigger clubs will soon be interested so if Arsenal have any smarts or any financial muscle, they should be able to exploit this gap when they're the main name in contention for him. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be happening, I've heard Tierney has left the Celtic training camp to continue his 'rehab', that came from Lennon so it'll be interesting to see if that is the case.

Seems as though Jenkinson will be going the other way if Celtic want him. Think it could be a great move for him, but he would have to take a paycut. I don't see why he wouldn't want to try and revive his career now, he has done enough sitting around. Wouldn't surprise me if he just saw out his last year though. 

• Administrator

£20-25m for Tierney is a bargain. Arsenal will do well there to get him for that price (and get rid of some deadwood in Jenkinson).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Kieran Tierney - Arsenal Agree Fee With Celtic
  • 1 year later...

Archived