talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 25th March - World Cup Qualifiers (European)

• The title was changed to Saturday 25th March - World Cup Qualifiers (European)
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Netherlands are in a right state these days, and I don't just mean in today's match. Seen them many a time and they're not even playing that good football. Bit dull and lacklustre.

Meanwhile Giroud has scored for France and also given away a penalty and Luxembourg have scored it. 1-1. 

9 minutes ago, Romesh said:

Netherlands are in a right state these days, and I don't just mean in today's match. Seen them many a time and they're not even playing that good football. Bit dull and lacklustre.

Meanwhile Giroud has scored for France and also given away a penalty and Luxembourg have scored it. 1-1. 

Thats because we havent had a good coach, there is no plan or style. Eveything Blind does just doesnt work and it looks very amateurish. 

5 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Thats because we havent had a good coach, there is no plan or style. Eveything Blind does just doesnt work and it looks very amateurish. 

I agree mate...  It's evident that the fundamentals have been lost and that there isn't a belief in the essence of what has always been Dutch football since the revolution in the late 60s.  It was always evolving but always kept its essence.  Something back along the footballing lines is going seriously wrong and in my opinion a large part (I stress, not all) is to do with not holding onto your youth at club level.

Just now, oliveandblue said:

I see two managers who need to be fired.  I've never seen a Dutch side that cannot pass before, even in a loss.  This is totally new material.

Welcome back! :o

Belgium are an absolute mystery. 

Class squad, quality all over the pitch but can't play together. They need a manager who can find a system they can all fit in, that manager isn't Martinez.

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree mate...  It's evident that the fundamentals have been lost and that there isn't a belief in the essence of what has always been Dutch football since the revolution in the late 60s.  It was always evolving but always kept its essence.  Something back along the footballing lines is going seriously wrong and in my opinion a large part (I stress, not all) is to do with not holding onto your youth at club level.

Just  need a new manager, these players arent bad but just have a clueless coach.  Like today Blind throws in 17 year old De Ligt from Ajax in defence he makes 2 mistakes for the goal and he comes off at half time. Its shocking but no one has the balls in the KNVB to make a big change as they are still suffering from when they gave the job to Hiddink over Koeman and evetything has backfired since.

Just now, VanPanna said:

Just  need a new manager, these players arent bad but just have a clueless coach.  Like today Blind throws in 17 year old De Ligt from Ajax in defence he makes 2 mistakes for the goal and he comes off at half time. Its shocking but no one has the balls in the KNVB to make a bit change as they are still suffering from when they gave the job to Hiddink over Koeman and evetything has backfired since.

So you think it's just an issue of who the coach is?

Just now, Toony said:

Class squad, quality all over the pitch but can't play together. They need a manager who can find a system they can all fit in, that manager isn't Martinez.

I've heard that Belgium used to have social fractures within the squad back in the day.  Is that still the case.  I don't get how they don't hump half the sides they play.

1 minute ago, oliveandblue said:

Dost is a pointless forward.  Absolutely pointless. USMNT fields better right now, and we're not exactly loaded at the forward role ourselves.

Dost is one of the topscrores in Europe but has no support due the tactics or lack of.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

So you think it's just an issue of who the coach is?

Holland are out of fucking players, too.  30+ guys are right now WAY better than their youth. 

EDIT:  I also don't like their GK's command of the back line.  It's a fire drill on every single overlap/deep ball.  It shouldn't be.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Toony said:

Martinez won't take this squad of so much talent anywhere.

Playing Fellaini, Witsel AND Nainggolan & only having Lukaku up front on his own at home to Greece is terrible. 

Greece down to 10 men now though so maybe Belgium can finally start creating stuff with the extra man. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived