talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Propose 'Mini World Cup'

FIFA president Gianni Infantino has proposed staging a new tournament, featuring eight international teams, every two years.

The tournament, known as the 'Final 8', would be the climax of a global Nations League competition, which is part of an ambitious plan to reform international football which FIFA believes could be worth $25billion in a 12-year cycle.

Infantino, according to Reuters, said an unidentified group of investors had proposed spending $25billion to secure the rights to the tournament, which would take place every October and/or November of every odd year starting from 2021.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The world cup itself and the European qualifiers are already too big, which leads to having a lot of garbage teams attending which then lose 7-1 against us in a borefest of a match. The same is even more true when it comes to the EUROs, where now teams are able to attend to, which lose to nations like Iceland.

Moreover in aggregat the WC, the EUROs and their repective qualifiers are made up of too many matches. If players have to play ~100 games a year, they'll end up as cripples when they reach 32, especially nowerdays when pressing is more extreme than a decade ago.

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

Infantino out. He's fucking awful. No surprise though.

At least Blatter didn't actually go into any of the things he said he would do, Infantino is ruthless. Since the World Cup expansion I knew we were doomed.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

sukk my dick infantini ya nob

Be careful asking for things like that from him. He did that quite a bit to get the job he finally got.

What's with the need to have more games and more tournaments? Simply absurd. I agree with a comment above, pretty soon players will just start saying they have no time for everything out there and start to pick and choose and so will clubs. As it stands already international friendlies are a curse on clubs with injuries and time away. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

Be careful asking for things like that from him. He did that quite a bit to get the job he finally got.

What's with the need to have more games and more tournaments? Simply absurd. I agree with a comment above, pretty soon players will just start saying they have no time for everything out there and start to pick and choose and so will clubs. As it stands already international friendlies are a curse on clubs with injuries and time away. 

nah he is a gay cunt lucky I don't drop him with my staunch one two ouse ouse - the dickhead wanna walk in and see what happens

peace

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

nah he is a gay cunt lucky I don't drop him with my staunch one two ouse ouse - the dickhead wanna walk in and see what happens

peace

My money is on you anyways. I'd love to see someone drop him for all the ridiculousness that's ensued since hes gotten where he's gotten to.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Blue said:

At least Blatter didn't actually go into any of the things he said he would do, Infantino is ruthless. Since the World Cup expansion I knew we were doomed.

They're cut from similar cloth, they're happy to drain the output of football for their own benefit.

Blatter introduced rules that guaranteed that the World Cup would go to Africa and Asia under his watch - it was an easy way to get all of these countries to vote for him as while he's seen as a cunt in Europe, he's seen totally differently elsewhere and that's how he kept getting in. Countries like Lesotho, Tajikistan and Zimbabwe all have the same power in this as England, Spain and Germany.

Infantino is trying similar by trying to get ways to get the lesser countries on side - offering initiatives such as this crap as a reason to think that these lesser teams will benefit from them.

He needs outing. Euro 2016 was cast-iron proof that quantity definitely doesn't equal quality.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

They're cut from similar cloth, they're happy to drain the output of football for their own benefit.

Blatter introduced rules that guaranteed that the World Cup would go to Africa and Asia under his watch - it was an easy way to get all of these countries to vote for him as while he's seen as a cunt in Europe, he's seen totally differently elsewhere and that's how he kept getting in. Countries like Lesotho, Tajikistan and Zimbabwe all have the same power in this as England, Spain and Germany.

Infantino is trying similar by trying to get ways to get the lesser countries on side - offering initiatives such as this crap as a reason to think that these lesser teams will benefit from them.

He needs outing. Euro 2016 was cast-iron proof that quantity definitely doesn't equal quality.

Excellent post and I agree with every word. I do think Asia is fit to take on hosting a World Cup as there are some countries who have more than enough resources - like Japan. Its very true though that he did it to keep winning in the votes. 

48 minutes ago, Blue said:

Excellent post and I agree with every word. I do think Asia is fit to take on hosting a World Cup as there are some countries who have more than enough resources - like Japan. Its very true though that he did it to keep winning in the votes. 

You do know that Asia and specifically Japan have already hosted a tournament this century, don’t you?

China's spent a lot of money improving their football infrastructure (to be honest, they've spent a lot of money just generally improving all of their infrastructure overall. I've never seen train stations like their high speed rail - seriously impressive). They'd be a good candidate as a host nation for a World Cup.

The one sticking point is, despite their investment into new stadiums and throwing money into their league... China is not very good at football.

Then again neither is Qatar.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

You do know that Asia and specifically Japan have already hosted a tournament this century, don’t you?

Don't think he Googled properly this time :ph34r:

Archived