talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga to be shown on Eleven Sports in the UK

Interested to see how this changes here in American. I know I get access to Eleven because I watch all of my football via Fubo.TV subscription, which has the BeIN Sports, NBC (EPL is on this here in the U.S.), and other stations full of sports. 

I can only assume this won't effect me so much as this just seems to be a European thing. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

There’s going to be about two people who will actually pay to stream La Liga and Seria A. 

It depends how they put the package on the market. If they go individual PPV games (which I doubt) then only the biggest games will be sold providing the marketing campaign is a good one.

But La Liga have too much to offer and the game has become so global over the past two decades that young people know as much about other leagues leagues as their own domestic league.

The people working in analytical publicity departments are very clever and companies don't spend the absurd amounts to purchase these products without knowing full well that it will sell in abundance.

Practically everyone I know (I'm the only one with the particular package outside the UK from my social circles) will invest definitely in La Liga and probably in Serie 'A' as it'll almost certainly be part of a same package. 

There aren't any problems in that respect and it's the new generations they're focusing on and the pressure they'll put on mum and dad.

Just now, SirBalon said:

It depends how they put the package on the market. If they go individual PPV games (which I doubt) then only the biggest games will be sold providing the marketing campaign is a good one.

But La Liga have too much to offer and the game has become so global over the past two decades that young people know as much about other leagues leagues as their own domestic league.

The people working in analytical publicity departments are very clever and companies don't spend the absurd amounts to purchase these products without knowing full well that it will sell in abundance.

Practically everyone I know (I'm the only one with the particular package outside the UK from my social circles) will invest definitely in La Liga and probably in Serie 'A' as it'll almost certainly be part of a same package. 

There aren't any problems in that respect and it's the new generations they're focusing on and the pressure they'll put on mum and dad.

I mean actually PAY though. If you’re already streaming on your PC, it’s unlikely you’re paying as free streams are so easy to find.

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I mean actually PAY though. If you’re already streaming on your PC, it’s unlikely you’re paying as free streams are so easy to find.

Indeed, but aside from the obvious which is doing something illegal in terms of those types of web streams, you're not getting the quality the official supplier provides and the assured guarantee of uninterrupted viewing.  Would you go that way with your Premier League consumption mate?  I doubt that very much!  Well young people from their early 20s, definitely their teens and pre-teens see the global game differently to people from their mid-30s upwards.  These younger people have been brought up on a global game, certainly Eurocentric (as Blue likes to consistently remind us) which means they're seeing football through different eyes to you in terms of what they want.

Also where STREAMING is concerned... Practically everything is streamed these days since the advent of Smart TVs and other internet driven devices.  Infact multimedia packages such as SKY, BT, CANAL+, bEIN etc... are nearly all streamed without us knowing these days as its a surer way of getting anything interactive in a more efficient manner... Actually it's the only way to make tv consumption interactive.

So in effect what we will have with the Eleven network is more of the same with a future plan none of us know about seeing as they've been very intelligent in reading Italian football's slow but assured rise over the past 5 years (the La Liga product is and has been a full on world seller for quite some time)

• Administrator

missed that news on Friday about Eleven Sports picking up Serie A from BT.

Like above, thought their coverage of that division was great and one of the main reasons I wanted BT as part of my TV subscription. 

• Administrator

I've put off buying things like Kodi because I'd already paid for a TV subscription. 

My Virgin Media contract comes to an end soon so maybe it's now gonna be worth getting Kodi (or something like that) cos at least everything is gonna be viewable regardless. Few of my mates had it recently and they love, especially as it's only a one off fee per year.

• Subscriber

Hopefully it isn't too much longer until the next generation of football tv rights really takes shape. It's only a matter of time before Facebook/Amazon/Youtube strike a massive deal.

I maintain that they should allow clubs to sell "eSeason Tickets" so that you can buy the right to watch all of your teams games on a stream through the clubs website or Youtube channel with some of the money going to the club and some going to the Premier League.

• Subscriber

Facebook already won a £200 million deal to exclusively stream all Premier League matches in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos from 2019 to 2022. Not sure how that will work (e.g. pricing, subscription service), but I guess I'll see it soon enough. 

• Subscriber

Very annoyed about this - loved watching Spanish/Italian football in the evenings, and early Sunday morning. Are this new mob definitely doing online only? That's madness 

17 minutes ago, Storts said:

Very annoyed about this - loved watching Spanish/Italian football in the evenings, and early Sunday morning. Are this new mob definitely doing online only? That's madness 

Mate, online doesnt mean you won’t have it accessible to your tv. The only people that may suffer are those without a smart tv. Everything is online even if part of it is being used via a satellite dish which is slowly becoming redundant and even SKY are to become 100% online in the next 5 years. 

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Without sounding like a bender, isn't Kodi illegal? I've always thought about getting it but was under the impression that if you are caught streaming from it you can end up with an utterly retarded fine?

If you're worried about that you can get a VPN.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Mate, online doesnt mean you won’t have it accessible to your tv. The only people that may suffer are those without a smart tv. Everything is online even if part of it is being used via a satellite dish which is slowly becoming redundant and even SKY are to become 100% online in the next 5 years. 

online is always accessible but when streaming (illegally or not) there's always a delay of up to 1-2 minutes and it's fucking annoying getting notified on Twitter/Whatsapp that there's been a goal before the chance is even created xD.

Just cos it's accessible doesn't mean it's the best option or that we have to settle for it.

Would much prefer Eleven Sports got themselves a TV channel instead of being purely online. 

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

online is always accessible but when streaming (illegally or not) there's always a delay of up to 1-2 minutes and it's fucking annoying getting notified on Twitter/Whatsapp that there's been a goal before the chance is even created xD.

Just cos it's accessible doesn't mean it's the best option or that we have to settle for it.

Would much prefer Eleven Sports got themselves a TV channel instead of being purely online. 

I agree, there is a delay and as far as I know new technology will adjust this in the near future.  But absolutely all tv transmitions have already either moved to streaming technology or will be on those that are remaining through antennas.

• 4 weeks later...

Unknown.png

Eleven Sports has partnered with IMG in the UK and Ireland for the launch of two new sports channels, which will include live rights to Serie A and LaLiga football. 

Eleven Sports 1 and Eleven Sports 2 will launch this August in the UK and Ireland via a forthcoming online streaming platform from Eleven, with more premium rights due to be announced soon for the sports service.

The broadcaster has secured Serie A rights on a three-year agreement starting with the upcoming 2018/19 season. It also has LaLiga rights for a three-season spell.

Eleven Sports 1 will be dedicated to football, while Eleven Sports 2 will broadcast fight sports, eSports, extreme sports and any additional football coverage.

IMG is taking a minority stake in Eleven Sports’ new channels and will produce the output for both channels from its production headquarters at Stockley Park.

“With more top-tier rights to come in addition to Serie A and LaLiga, Eleven Sports’ entry in to the UK and Ireland has changed the market dynamics,” said Marc Watson, executive chairman and group CEO, Eleven Sports.

“History has shown new rivals bring innovation and fresh thinking to the ways in which premium sports action is produced, packaged and distributed for fans.”

Serie A president, Gaetano Miccichè, said: “We have worked very successfully with Eleven Sports in the last three years to take world-class Serie A action to football fans in several markets around the world.”

“We are delighted to continue our partnership in the UK and Ireland and we are looking forward to being a big part of Eleven’s sport focused strategy that will place us at the forefront of their innovative offer in what is a very important market for Serie A.”

In other words, they're opening a tv channel this month.

What aload of shite. If you can only watch it via pcs and phones, then you might as well save money and watch streams. Are these clowns for real?

There is zero chance of me subscribing.

@SirBalon Is it possible to watch every Barcelona game on Barça.tv? If so, I'd rather get that. It seems a bit stupid to be paying for a subscription to a channel simply to watch it for 90 minutes per week xD

12 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What aload of shite. If you can only watch it via pcs and phones, then you might as well save money and watch streams. Are these clowns for real?

There is zero chance of me subscribing.

@SirBalon Is it possible to watch every Barcelona game on Barça.tv? If so, I'd rather get that. It seems a bit stupid to be paying for a subscription to a channel simply to watch it for 90 minutes per week xD

It is posible to watch every game on BarçaTV mate, bus as I mentioned to you in the past, you'll have to subscribe to a Spanish medium which at the moment is Canal+ and that requires a Spanish address if you want to watch it without issues.  They have a double stream within their channel which means that for those that aren't subscribed they get other programmes and not the live game.

As far as I know Eleven Sports will be transmitting on a subscription to channel in the UK.

Liga & Serie A?

Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus

Once Eleven Sports have launched its streaming platform in August, fans will be able to watch La Liga and Serie A matches online, through their iOS mobile and tablet apps (available from the Apple Store) as well as Android mobile (available from the Google Play store). As well as at least one match a week being shown on Facebook free of charge. 

They also confirmed that they are in discussions with other broadcasters such as Sky and BT to show matches through their platforms.

How much does Eleven Sports cost?

A monthly subscription including a seven-day free trial will cost £5.99 (€6.99) per month or an annual pass for £59.99 (€69.99) per year. At present you can also get an early-bird annual pass for £49.99 (€59.99) per year. 

Archived