talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga to be shown on Eleven Sports in the UK

2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Instead of showing both of tonight's 9pm kick offs they're showing Real Madrid on two channels...wtf?

Is that for real mate?

Thats ridiculous if they did that having dedicated two channels to La Liga football in that time slot.  I didn't use Eleven Sports today so I didn't notice.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Is that for real mate?

Thats ridiculous if they did that having dedicated two channels to La Liga football in that time slot.  I didn't use Eleven Sports today so I didn't notice.

Yep, different commentators on each xD

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2018 at 21:03, ...Dan said:

Instead of showing both of tonight's 9pm kick offs they're showing Real Madrid on two channels...wtf?

And again, Sevilla v Celta on two channels, Espanyol v Villarreal not being shown. Bizarre.

• Administrator

Had problems on Chrome earlier today. Apparently a problem for many users. Kept getting error message to say not possible to play video on this device, with a link to a help article for iOS issues. Despite trying to play the video on my laptop xD 

Used FireFox instead.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Had problems on Chrome earlier today. Apparently a problem for many users. Kept getting error message to say not possible to play video on this device, with a link to a help article for iOS issues. Despite trying to play the video on my laptop xD 

Used FireFox instead.

Had no problems on Safari. ;)

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know. There weren't any issues on that platform...?

I’ve had it on all day on airplay to my tv from my Mac and no issues at all. To be honest it goes through my AppleTV which tends to iron out any server problems in most cases. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, ...Dan said:

What the fuck? I better get my money back if this happens and I hope BT pick up Serie A and La Liga.

Yeah that was my first thought. Paid for the whole year so would want a refund. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I had a feeling when they first came about that something like this would happen.

Would be good if Sky got La Liga back to be honest. As much as we slag them off, their coverage was another level to Eleven Sports.

Not Sky. Hope not anyway. Just gives them another excuse to bump their prices up. 

• Subscriber

This was a great idea in theory, still could be, just sounds like the implementation was a bit shoddy, and it probably also goes to show that the demand for Serie A and La Liga probably isn't as high across the UK as it is within the bubble of this forum.

If Eleven Sports do go down I don't think it's long before another company steps in and rights their wrongs with a genuine contender in the football broadcasting industry.

Premier Sports have won rights to the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup in recent months. Wouldn't surprise if they made a play to widen their audience further with some European Football.

At least they already have a television channel to show them on...

• Subscriber

La Liga & Serie A: Eleven Sports trying to renegotiate rights

By Mandeep Sanghera

BBC Sport

3 hours ago | European Football

Eleven Sports is trying to renegotiate its TV sports rights in the UK to online-only streaming deals.

Having won the rights to show La Liga and Serie A games earlier this year, the company was hoping to sub-license the rights to broadcasting companies such as Sky, BT Sport, and Virgin Media.

But a failure to strike a deal has led to the streaming platform to look again at its rights deals.

"We are in discussion with our rights partners," a spokesperson confirmed.

"Without carriage agreements with the existing platforms, alongside the challenges posed by rampant piracy, the market dynamics in the UK & Ireland are very hostile for new entrants," they added.

Meanwhile, mixed martial arts series UFC has pulled out of a deal with Eleven Sports, which was supposed to start in January, after the latter did not agree a contract to redistribute its events.

It is understood Eleven Sports is not in financial difficulties and the problems in the UK are in isolation rather than impacting on other markets in which it operates.

The company is owned by Leeds United chairman Andrea Radrizzani and the issues are not expected to affect the Championship club.

Sky held the La Liga rights, and BT Sport those for Serie A, before Eleven Sports signed three-year deals in May to show top-flight matches from Spain and Italy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46555111

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Did you lose your money?

Nah as I've been paying for it monthly, so I still have until the 19th of this month before it runs out. 

It worked great at first but has recently started rebuffering alot so I unsubscribed as it was pissing me off. I clicked the "rebuffer problems" option when I unsubscribed and funnily enough it started working alright after that but I will see how it goes until the 19th and if it continues working fine I will subscribe again. 

Archived