talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga to be shown on Eleven Sports in the UK

• Administrator

The visual quality of the stream I had no problems with.

The audio went a bit glitchy while watching the Barca game but a quick stop and start sorted that. Much better than Sky Sports where the app doesn't recognise you're still logged in and sometimes doesn't load the stream straight away.

Ease of access is always a big thing with streaming apps!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Have you read that somewhere mate?

Honestly... That law is ridiculous and archaic.

During the Napoli match last night they said the first 15 minutes of 5pm Serie A matches will be radio coverage only due to the law

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

During the Napoli match last night they said the first 15 minutes of 5pm Serie A matches will be radio coverage only due to the law

I watched the Lazio v Napoli game on the app and I didn't catch that.  I really hope someone is big enough to challenge that shit law.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I watched the Lazio v Napoli game on the app and I didn't catch that.  I really hope someone is big enough to challenge that shit law.

did you seriously not know about the 3-5pm law in the UK for football coverage :|!?

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

did you seriously not know about the 3-5pm law in the UK for football coverage :|!?

Of course I knew but I thought it had been done with. It's ridiculous and infringes on freedom of choice.  Very archaic.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

Of course I knew but I thought it had been done with. It's ridiculous and infringes on freedom of choice.  Very archaic.

the concept about was to protect lower league clubs as their attendances were feared to drop if 3pm Premier League games were aired. I don't think it's too archaic but it is very restrictive. I can't see it changing given the prime slots of 12.30/5.30 (Saturday), 13.30/16.00 (Sunday) and 8pm (Monday) already take precedence.

What I can see happening in near future is perhaps the restriction lifted for non-UK games to be aired during those times. So you'd then get the option of airing Bundesliga/Ligue 1/La Liga games.

Good to hear it’s going well. I’ll still give this a couple of weeks before thinking about purchasing, in the hope that they iron out any teething problems, which you’d expect in something like this in it’s infancy.

It’s unbelievably unprofessional if they didn’t know about the 3pm-5pm blackout of Football in the UK though. It’s archaic and the way people watch television has evolved and it’s surely a matter of time before the Premier League runs some form of package similar to what they have in the NFL where people can watch all games. 

It’s surprising that Eleven Sports have better coverage of La Liga instead of Serie A, considering it’s an Italian owned business. Still, it’s early and that can be improved I imagine.

The lack of La Liga games on Sky is still weird. I can’t remember a time before La Liga was shown on Sky. I went to stick it on last night forgetting it had been lost by Sky. 

Media consultancy Ampere Analysis estimate that Eleven Sport paid around £25-30 million for their La Liga and Serie A right. Or the equivalent of three EPL matches for Sky.

Three years of Serie A and La Liga, or three EPL matches...

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Do they have pundits talking about the games? I liked BT Sports' european pundits.

nah they don't. 

The quality on the phone was great but watching Sassuolo/Inter on laptop and this is the quality. Superb.

2018-08-19.png

Very clear and I like that it doesn't open in a separate window, like Sky Sports Player does.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

nah they don't. 

The quality on the phone was great but watching Sassuolo/Inter on laptop and this is the quality. Superb.

2018-08-19.png

Very clear and I like that it doesn't open in a separate window, like Sky Sports Player does.

Does it give you an option to mirror onto your tv?

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

Does it give you an option to mirror onto your tv?

Chromecast isn't available at the moment but I could easily just connect HDMI cable to TV and that'll be fine.

On 19 August 2018 at 19:49, SirBalon said:

I want it wireless like they’ve fixed from today for Apple devices  

4EE906E4-46FD-45E9-A7DA-BC8957BF8DB1.png

So this was the option Eleven Sports fixed the other day which was missing.  You couldn't mirror (AirPlay for Apple devices) onto your tv beforehand and now you can. They're also on the verge of releasing the app for AppleTV which will be a godsend to be honest.  Another thing they've done is made the Facebook to App communication seamless for Apple devices which is brilliant to be honest as they will be showing two free to air games via Facebook every week.

This ALREADY beats SKY on customer service since ever!  SKY have been money grabbing scoundrels since I can remember which is why I cancelled my subscription a few years back.  No product management, a loss of premium brands and a declining quality of package which is overly expensive.  It doesn't matter if you've got the money, nobody likes to be ripped off.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

does anyone know if @SirBalon cancelled his Sky subscription a few years ago? I can't tell.

:P 

Hahaha... There's a reason why I reiterate things like these and it's because I don't like to see anyone ripped off and also because the best way to make a stand and a point to these multinationals is by hurting them in the pocket, that means cancelling subscriptions.  The same thing happened some years back in Spain with Canal+ where they hacked it outright and there was no way they could fix the problem because the hackers were onto them... Subscriptions were cancelled left right and centre with a result were Canal+ radically reduced their subscription fee especially with Spain's version of Eleven Sports which is GolTV... They created a competitive product that was cheaper and of a superior quality.

But we have to admit that society in general here in the UK are more inclined to just "carry on" so as to not upset the apple cart or just simply because they think there's no point and it's all a losing battle.

The French could teach us a thing or two on these things to be honest.

• Subscriber

£50 for the year was an absolute bargain by the way - I recommend getting on it before the end of August when the deal expires.

I am sure they will be providing a deal on tv soon - friend of mine works for ITV and he tells me they've been in discussions about showing games which would be class.

Archived