The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Madrid will win this, in my opinion. Liverpool are all over the place even at their best, they're just a mental side that can be 5-0 up and still in danger. I think over 1 game, with Kroos-Modric against Wjanaldulm-Kroos, they will stunt the pace of Liverpool and pick them off, Ronaldo will obviously score and it will be a sad day.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Real Madrid will win this, in my opinion. Liverpool are all over the place even at their best, they're just a mental side that can be 5-0 up and still in danger. I think over 1 game, with Kroos-Modric against Wjanaldulm-Kroos, they will stunt the pace of Liverpool and pick them off, Ronaldo will obviously score and it will be a sad day.

love it how Kroos is going to play for each team in each half... 

If our front three plays as well as it can, we can win against anyone. If our defense plays as bad as it can, we can lose against anyone.

I've generally refrained from making predictions on how we'd do in each match of the CL this year. I've kind of just enjoyed the ride, especially after our CL campaign under Rodgers was a pathetic embarrassment that made me genuinely dislike him. I've just been more hopeful than expecting any results. And so far that's been great.

So I remain hopeful that we can just attack as well as we can... and defend well enough to keep goals out. Real Madrid have shown they don't need many chances to punish a side - but they've also shown they're vulnerable at the back. I don't expect our defense to keep it calm and collected against Real Madrid. But I do expect us to try to exploit any weaknesses in their backline we can make with the pace and movement we've got.

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If Liverpool win, Firmino will be their best player. As he was today. Salah and Mane are brilliant but Firmino is the best player they have.

Firmino's become my favourite player by a long distance. He's got an incredible work rate and he's intelligent and skillful as well. It's great having him and our attack relies on him so much - and he works so well with Salah and Mane. He's the biggest part of why we've got such a deadly attack imo.

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think Madrid will win but reckon we have more of a chance against them than we would against some defensively solid top tier opponent like Atletico or Juve.

5 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

There i made it 6-4

Real to win but would love to see them lose 

I'm interpreting the poll as four people voted for who they THINK will win,  and six voted for who they WANT to win. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't give a shit about the quality of the game as long as we win. If we have a super shite match where we score a deflected goal that literally bounces in off their keeper's arse somehow... and that's how we win... fantastic. If we have a crazy comeback... great. If we murder them... fantastic.

All I want is to win.

madrid will rape liverpool's arse.     with liverpool's loss to Roma on the 2nd leg i'm seeing a very very push over english team     salah will be star-strucked with the glow of Madrid's players and can't even move his legs while the rest of liverpool's defense will stare at awe with Ronaldo's dribbling skills and let him score 5 goals ................. nnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh   just teasing with you my friend :P  :P   congrats on your team for reaching the Finals, everyone wrote them off on the quarters against City and yet here they are facing Madrid in Kiev.   we'll hope to see a very entertaining game where defense doesn't matter but a game of who scores the most bwehehe

10 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Real Madrid 4-2 Liverpool

Ronnie with 2 goals and another MOTM performance.

That’s it we’ve done it!!! 

Every single time Teso says we lose the tie, we win. 

Thanks everyone, it’s been emotional 

:hh:

Impossible to predict but as far as I'm concerned it has very little to do with who's defence is better or poorer and everything to do with who's more effective with their chances on the day. 

What I will say though is that it's easier to beat Real Madrid over two legs (more so this season) than in a one off game.  Also take into account the motivation the Real players will have because in reality this season is one of their biggest historical disasters but yet they're in the Champions League Final because nobody has been able to finish off the job.

14 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Real Madrid 4-2 Liverpool

Ronnie with 2 goals and another MOTM performance.

:clown::219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake::coffee:

5 hours ago, bozziovai said:

madrid will rape liverpool's arse.     with liverpool's loss to Roma on the 2nd leg i'm seeing a very very push over english team     salah will be star-strucked with the glow of Madrid's players and can't even move his legs while the rest of liverpool's defense will stare at awe with Ronaldo's dribbling skills and let him score 5 goals ................. nnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh   just teasing with you my friend :P  :P   congrats on your team for reaching the Finals, everyone wrote them off on the quarters against City and yet here they are facing Madrid in Kiev.   we'll hope to see a very entertaining game where defense doesn't matter but a game of who scores the most bwehehe

Yeah hopefully it's a good match and whoever wins deserves the win.

We're just obviously going to be hoping for the opposite outcomes.

At least one of us will be super happy while the other is depressed... I guess...lol

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 26th May - Liverpool 1-3 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived