talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think that myth has long been dispelled mate. It’s the end of the season and the momentum is worth more than an extra 6 days rest. They don’t need an extran6 days rest!

Has it? I don't think the players needed an extra six days rest but I don't think it'll do them any harm at all.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Has it? I don't think the players needed an extra six days rest but I don't think it'll do them any harm at all.

The thing is that it gives too much time to think and it also breaks momentum. I’ve heard various interviews with high end players talking about this rest scenario and they always say the same thing, that they just want to play. 

Klopp needs to hang these up in the dressing room the same way Torres did with that "Eso es Anfield...Y QUE" shite:

Diego Torres "They're relaxed in Real Madrid before this final. They've never been so calm and confident in the club before a final than now. This final is the easiest final they have in front of them, all of them - Florentino Perez, the captains. Everyone."

Phil Kitromilides "Liverpool are viewed as being a bit fragile mentally. If they were a boxer, they might have a glass chin.”

Del Bosque "No Liverpool player would make the Real Madrid XI, Madrid will win 4-1"

"Liverpool probably is not even among the top 10 teams in Europe."

"Bar from the front 3 it smells of mediocrity. It's a team made up of more artisans than artists."

What's up with Spanish clubs and being utterly contemptible?

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klopp needs to hang these up in the dressing room the same way Torres did with that "Eso es Anfield...Y QUE" shite:

Diego Torres "They're relaxed in Real Madrid before this final. They've never been so calm and confident in the club before a final than now. This final is the easiest final they have in front of them, all of them - Florentino Perez, the captains. Everyone."

Phil Kitromilides "Liverpool are viewed as being a bit fragile mentally. If they were a boxer, they might have a glass chin.”

Del Bosque "No Liverpool player would make the Real Madrid XI, Madrid will win 4-1"

"Bar from the front 3 it smells of mediocrity. It's a team made up of more artisans than artists."

In recent years Real Madrid have been like this as you also mentioned in the Boluda statement from years ago on the “This Is Anfield” quip.

Does anyone remember what they done to Atlético Madrid in the last Champions League final between the two... On that occasion it was made by the club!

14937505914032.jpg

”Tell me how it feels” was the club message. 

Atleti answered back the following season in La Liga with something more well mannered in the shape of “We don’t need a European Cup to have pride”

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

In recent years Real Madrid have been like this as you also mentioned in the Boluda statement from years ago on the “This Is Anfield” quip.

Does anyone remember what they done to Atlético Madrid in the last Champions League final between the two... On that occasion it was made by the club!

14937505914032.jpg

Atleti answered back the following season in La Liga with something more well mannered in the shape of “We don’t need a European Cup to have pride”

The club made that and not the fans? Haha that's great because that means 1.) Real Madrid once again demonstrates they're a bunch of classless & contemptible cunts, 2.) The "club of the century" has to make banners for their fans, like they're a new money plastic club like Chelsea or Citeh xD

In any case, I hope Madrid's media have them complacent as fuck and our lads motivated to shut their media mouthpieces up.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Looks more like the usual "talk shit" before a final kind of thing. They probably behave that way because in all honesty they have won a lot. That doesn't take anything away from the amazing run we've had or the fact that we are actually one game away from winning the whole thing. Anything can happen on the night and I have a lot of faith in this team putting up a good face and a fight to take home the cup. This isn't mission impossible, we already did that once, this is just another team who have just won this tournament more than us, nothing more, nothing less.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

14937505914032.jpg

Tell me how it feels to copy Argentine fans and lack any form of originality.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Be interested to see the full context all those quotes. There are many cretins on the Liverpool end making stupid comments like they always do.

Del Bosque's comments were not as bad as they seem, he was actually defending Benzema and Bale rather than putting down any Liverpool player.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The club made that and not the fans? Haha that's great because that means 1.) Real Madrid once again demonstrates they're a bunch of classless & contemptible cunts, 2.) The "club of the century" has to make banners for their fans, like they're a new money plastic club like Chelsea or Citeh xD

In any case, I hope Madrid's media have them complacent as fuck and our lads motivated to shut their media mouthpieces up.

Yep, it’s called a “Tifo” in Spain. They’re gigantic and they’re done by the club itself. But it was the first time ever that I saw a club make one where it was taking the piss out of the other club. It took everyone by surprise and there were many older generation Real Madrid fans that protested that their club had gone down such a low route. 

25 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Tell me how it feels to copy Argentine fans and lack any form of originality.

I thought that too. I wouldn’t expect them to be original to be honest in something like that. 

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Be interested to see the full context all those quotes. There are many cretins on the Liverpool end making stupid comments like they always do.

Del Bosque's comments were not as bad as they seem, he was actually defending Benzema and Bale rather than putting down any Liverpool player.

So far the worst I've seen from anyone at Liverpool is Souness chatting shite - and Souness is a moron. They're in the final for the 3rd year in the row and have won it in 3/4 of the last years - so anyone underrating them or chatting shite from our end is a complete retard.

And lol those Del Bosque comments are pretty derogatory towards most of our side, regardless of any context. To be fair, I can understand the arrogance from them when they've won it so many times overall, as well as their modern history. But it's not like we're some nomarks, we managed to get passed the side that stopped the side that pissed their league. And beat the side managed by a manager who absolutely dominated that league when he was there. If it were me, being publicly dismissed like that would have me pretty determined to give my all to rub their face in some shit - so I hope our lads can channel that some kind of positive mentality from this.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So far the worst I've seen from anyone at Liverpool is Souness chatting shite - and Souness is a moron. They're in the final for the 3rd year in the row and have won it in 3/4 of the last years - so anyone underrating them or chatting shite from our end is a complete retard.

And lol those Del Bosque comments are pretty derogatory towards most of our side, regardless of any context. To be fair, I can understand the arrogance from them when they've won it so many times overall, as well as their modern history. But it's not like we're some nomarks, we managed to get passed the side that stopped the side that pissed their league. And beat the side managed by a manager who absolutely dominated that league when he was there. If it were me, being publicly dismissed like that would have me pretty determined to give my all to rub their face in some shit - so I hope our lads can channel that some kind of positive mentality from this.

What's your source for the Del Bosque quotes? I can find the stuff about nobody getting in the Real Madrid side, which is a fair comment that he defends with an argument defending Bale and Benzema. Can't find the rest online, seems bizarre for him to say Liverpool 'smell of mediocrity' and I can't imagine him saying it but if he did then he's a bell.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What's your source for the Del Bosque quotes? I can find the stuff about nobody getting in the Real Madrid side, which is a fair comment that he defends with an argument defending Bale and Benzema. Can't find the rest online, seems bizarre for him to say Liverpool 'smell of mediocrity' and I can't imagine him saying it but if he did then he's a bell.

The original source (and not some article just quoting it) is from an interview with some Spanish media company called COPE.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The original source (and not some article just quoting it) is from an interview with some Spanish media company called COPE.

COPE is one of the national radio stations (very right wing and of a Roman Catholic inclination) with a very popular night time football programme that starts at midnight in Spain (23:00 bst).

I have never once (and I mean this) ever seen Vicente del Bosque be disrespectful to anybody or any entity. There must be something missing from the transcript as I didn’t listen to the show last night and can’t say what was said. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

COPE is one of the national radio stations (very right wing and of a Roman Catholic inclination) with a very popular night time football programme that starts at midnight in Spain (23:00 bst).

I have never once (and I mean this) ever seen Vicente del Bosque be disrespectful to anybody or any entity. There must be something missing from the transcript as I didn’t listen to the show last night and can’t say what was said. 

Could also be a shithead translator trying to create controversy so they get clicks on their website, thus getting ad revenue.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Could also be a shithead translator trying to create controversy so they get clicks on their website, thus getting ad revenue.

It’s also been echoed in the Spanish media what he said but the whole interview is missing. Just with the headline I’m shocked that came from him but I have to believe there’s more to it. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It’s also been echoed in the Spanish media what he said but the whole interview is missing. Just with the headline I’m shocked that came from him but I have to believe there’s more to it. 

Maybe he was drunk. If I were famous and could do it with no consequences (and Del Bosque can, look at his management record) I would do all of my interviews belligerently drunk :drunk:

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maybe he was drunk. If I were famous and could do it with no consequences (and Del Bosque can, look at his management record) I would do all of my interviews belligerently drunk :drunk:

Ok, I've just finished listening to last night's podcast which was an extensive chat with the ex-Real Madrid and Spain coach Vicente del Bosque.

Make of it what you will but I'll quote you word for word the part that concerns those headlines and make of it what you will.

COPE presenter: "So, another final for Real Madrid in the Champions League.  It's incredible to think this season that they've made it considering the reality of the whole season which can be considered a disaster.  But in Europe Real Madrid seem to have a different character and they rise to the occasion!"

Del Bosque: "Of course.  In general this has been Real Madrid throughout the history of European club history.  They buy players that perform specifically for that competition and it's hard to explain what I mean in an interview that won't give the time needed. Real Madrid in recent years are a different animal in this competition.  Very difficult to beat."

COPE presenter: "So do you think Real are the favourites for the final?"

Del Bosque: "Real Madrid have excellent players that rise to the occasion in one off games such as these.  A lot of those players have been in this position both for club and country many times before.  Infact you could have better players but nothing beats having fantastic players with experience in situations such as these.  A lot of things occur in the days before a game such as this and players with this sort of character take it easier and are more relaxed in the knowledge of what to expect.  You can't beat that.  Both clubs have fantastic players and they're in the final because they've been the best two sides."

COPE presenter: "Yes, both clubs have a rich history in this competition.  But Real Madrid have experienced this a lot more than Liverpool in recent times.  What players do you think would make a difference from the Liverpool team and would you swap them for any Real Madrid player?  For example Bale and Benzema have both been very mediocre this year without going into Cristiano's very odd season.  Cristiano is obviously untouchable, but would you swap Benzema and Bale for two of the Liverpool players?"

Del Bosque: "As I said before.  They're the two best teams in this competition this season and that's why they're going to be playing in Kiev.  Why would Real Madrid swap any of their players for anyone's when these players have just won two Champions Leagues in a row and are in a third consecutive final?  It's absurd to even think this.  These players have gotten the club this far and have paid Zidane's faith in them and get there again."

COPE presenter: "But Salah, Firmino and Mané to name three have been a threat all season both in England and in Europe.  Could Salah replace any of the BBC connection and get into the side?"

Del Bosque: "I'm not going to get caught into a speculation on future players if that's where you're going with this but in reference to the final itself, both teams have fantastic players and both have their weapons in very different ways of playing.  I wouldn't change any Reak Madrid player for Liverpool's because as I said before, these are the players that have brought the club success in this competition and that makes them the best players for Real Madrid.  I can't think of any player I would swap from Liverpool because as I said, Real Madrid's players have proven to be the ones to have made Real Madrid the champions of Europe two times in a row with a third consecutive final."

This actually goes on and on with the presenter searching for something that I'm sure you've clicked on or should've already mate.  They weren't looking for the headline they ended up using.  They were searching to create more pressure on the club (Real Madrid) to go for Salah.  There's a Madrid media cavern going on at the moment that wants to replace Benzema or Bale with Salah.  Infact they want both those players out and they want Salah to be one of the ones to replace one of them.

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 26th May - Liverpool 1-3 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived