• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

Just now, Cicero said:

So Salah to binge eat literally an hour before the final? Sounds healthy  

Yes xD You will be surprised to see that late night Cricket and Football leagues are big here after breaking the fast you will see people playing till 2-3 am.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@Cicero From my personal experience eating and drinking even if its some dates and a glass of water after fasting during daylight suddenly charges me up and i feel more energatic :hh:

Right. And that's all well and dandy. But you haven't played a professional football match or a champions league final by chance have you? 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Right. And that's all well and dandy. But you haven't played a professional football match or a champions league final by chance have you? 

I played football for my house in the house cup in school, we lost the final on penalties :419_soccer: So in a way yes :ph34r:

16 hours ago, Eco said:

They aren't fasting. It's clear that they can do a few things to make up for it during Ramadan. They can either give away goods that would equate to their fast, or delay it 1 month. Ozil does this as well when he has matches during Ramadan. 

i'm sorry but this is not true.      with the case of mohammad Salah who is an athlete and who is perfectly fit, he has no excuse to not fast during ramadan.

the people who are allowed to break-fast are the elderly, the terminally ill, children, pregnant women ... but NEVER a person who is fit.

6 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i'm sorry but this is not true.      with the case of mohammad Salah who is an athlete and who is perfectly fit, he has no excuse to not fast during ramadan.

the people who are allowed to break-fast are the elderly, the terminally ill, children, pregnant women ... but NEVER a person who is fit.

In situation like war etc or in a situation where it is necessasry for your day to day job it is allowed to not fast.

Although there are scholary dispute on it.

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Could of sworn in ment you couldn't eat or drink until sunset? 

technically that's right.    but to put it in detail, after the FAJR prayer, the first prayer in the morning, usually, well, right now it's around 04:15 , so, when the Athan ( call to prayer ) has been acted in FAJR, that's the start of your fasting.   No eating, No drinking of Water, No facking of your wife and a cut back of your daily leisure routines ....... up to .............................    MAGRIB, that is the prayer during sunset, it coincides with the sunset, right now, it's around, 18:54, when Athan for Magrib commences, that's the time you are free from fasting.    Eat as much as you want, drink as much as you want, fack as much as you want ......

5 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

It's true that they are not fasting. Takes a few seconds of research to see it as much. 

As for the Quran - you are correct, but as Ozil has said NUMEROUS times, Allah knows this is my job, and this is how I make my livelihood. 

Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

In situation like war etc or in a situation where it is necessasry for your day to day job it is allowed to not fast.

yes, that's also one of the exceptions .... but it still depends on what war you are waging, if it's a jihad or not

1 minute ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Yes - Believe it or not, I have spent a few years studying Islam in depth, and there are certain situations where it seems okay not to fast, although the best solution would be to delay it for the following month. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

It's true that they are not fasting. Takes a few seconds of research to see it as much. 

As for the Quran - you are correct, but as Ozil has said NUMEROUS times, Allah knows this is my job, and this is how I make my livelihood. 

like what you said above, many people have tried their own interpretation of their religion.    :P   but we're talking about islam here, a religion where rules are rules.

oh yes my friend, i'm in god-smacked center of islam right now, just an hour's ride to maccah hehehe.

Just now, bozziovai said:

like what you said above, many people have tried their own interpretation of their religion.    :P   but we're talking about islam here, a religion where rules are rules.

oh yes my friend, i'm in god-smacked center of islam right now, must an hour's ride to maccah hehehe.

Really? Man I have a few questions for you then! Yeah I am about to finish reading the Qu'ran (again), and read Muhammad by Lings, and have even studied a little bit of Arabic. Love parts of the religion, but there are some things that seems vastly outdated and are just a bad look for someone growing up in the West. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Really? Man I have a few questions for you then! Yeah I am about to finish reading the Qu'ran (again), and read Muhammad by Lings, and have even studied a little bit of Arabic. Love parts of the religion, but there are some things that seems vastly outdated and are just a bad look for someone growing up in the West. 

exactly.     and that's what the terrorist groups have used to exploit the ignorant people here ( a lot of ignorant people here haha ).    it's a good book to read but like any other religious book, you need to turn off your logic to appreciate it.       best if we make a new thread about it, not here  :P  

2 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Thread going off topic

exactly.     and that's what the terrorist groups have used to exploit the ignorant people here ( a lot of ignorant people here haha ).    it's a good book to read but like any other religious book, you need to turn off your logic to appreciate it.       best if we make a new thread about it, not here  :P  

Agreed. 

I'll have to miss this game (probably record and watch later), and it's mine and my wife's 4 year wedding Anniversary. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Agreed. 

I'll have to miss this game (probably record and watch later), and it's mine and my wife's 4 year wedding Anniversary. 

whoa !!! congrats !!!     turn off all your notifications about the game in your fone, record it and watch it with innocence to keep the thrill hahaha

back to the game, this Finals has a lot of implications, a 3rd straight for Madrid, a first for klopp, a must win for zidane to keep his job and a defining moment for Salah

1 minute ago, bozziovai said:

whoa !!! congrats !!!     turn off all your notifications about the game in your fone, record it and watch it with innocence to keep the thrill hahaha

back to the game, this Finals has a lot of implications, a 3rd straight for Madrid, a first for klopp, a must win for zidane to keep his job and a defining moment for Salah

I never understood this. Why? The guy is a Real Legend, won La Liga and has already won the CL twice in just the span of 3 years.....If he's fired, I hope he comes to Inter. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I never understood this. Why? The guy is a Real Legend, won La Liga and has already won the CL twice in just the span of 3 years.....If he's fired, I hope he comes to Inter. 

they are million miles away in terms of points from Barca.  93 - 76 = 17 points.    that's the biggest reason his job hangs in the balance ...

they are million miles away in terms of points from Barca.  93 - 76 = 17 points.    that's the biggest reason his job hangs in the balance ...

I guess you have to determine which is more important, the league, or the CL? Honestly, I think the CL is a much bigger accomplishment. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

I guess you have to determine which is more important, the league, or the CL? Honestly, I think the CL is a much bigger accomplishment. 

We have had this disscusion on the forum before. For clubs like Real,Barca who are sure to win the league every now and then the Champions league means more but for English clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal where they haven't won it in years the domestic league means more then CL.

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

this discussion is as large as the pacific ocean.    some people say the league is much important bcoz it's proof of consistency while the others say that the UCL weighs much heavily due to it's prestige .....    for me, both are of the same magnitude but each has it's own unique "feel".

1 hour ago, Stan said:

apparently a few flights have been cancelled for Liverpool fans travelling to Kiev meaning fans can't now get to the final.

Disgusting that. Sounds like there might be hope for them yet

Many people will have already started making alternative plans though so it may come too late for some

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 26th May - Liverpool 1-3 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived