talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Final 2018 - LIVERPOOL 1-3 REAL MADRID

Champions League Final   

32 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

11 hours ago, Panflute said:

He could come on as a substitute, and strangely he has been more effective in that role this season. I've seen him change a few games around. Against lesser opponents, but still.

:ph34r: 

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

Amazes me how it's taken people this long to realise that the YNWA chants are nothing more than a load of bollocks. Shite club, absolutely despicable in so many ways. Not surprised in the slightest with what's happened tonight and even though it's hilarious what has happened for many reasons, the least his team-mates and ''fans'' can do is have his back. 

If a striker makes an error, the midfielder has his back. If a midfielder makes an error, the defender has his back. If a defender makes an error, the goalkeeper has his back. If a goalkeeper makes an error, the ball is in the back of the net and you look a right mug. 

Mate, I lost all respect for Henderson as a captain and example of his club when he didn't do a thing to help a bloke out on the worst day of his professional life. 

Fucking hell, when John Terry slipped away the CL in 08, Lampard as right there.

Jesus. Not sure what to say after all that. Still in stunned mode.

To be quite frank, all I can think about is Mo Salah. I've never felt more gutted for a player.

Amazing season, arguably best player in Europe, the world has fallen in love with him and he's badly crocked in the biggest game of his life, probably gonna miss the biggest tournament of his life, in one foul blow.

Feel for him. All the best to you Mo.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

And Ronaldo is great at all the bold! I don't understand this argument, I"m not even saying Ronaldo is the best, or even amongst the best, I'm just saying he isn't 'finished'. Yeah, I agree with you earlier, I'd take Modric over Ronaldo but that doesn't mean Ronaldo is chopped liver. They fulfill different roles, with different expectations. Does Modric offer more than Ronaldo? Yeah that is true but it doesn't negate Ronaldo's ability either.

His passing these days is shite.

And I'm not convinced for one second that this is the Ronaldo I remember. He's so easily marked out of games and often missed a few chances. Its not like he gets one chance and immediately scores them. I'm not going to pretend I consistently have seen Real Madrid, but I've seen them enough over the last 2 years to make a judgement. As for the others in here, I am ignoring them because they haven't seen a second of Madrid and can't take them seriously. He's just not the same and that is my own humble and silly opinion. 

• Administrator

just caught up on the highlights and the goals.

Bale. Just what the fuck. Absolutely sensational and even then it's an understatement. Utterly ridiculous levels and Zidane's reaction spoke for everyone.

The other side of the coin being Loris Karius. Wow. Embarrassing. 

Just now, Stan said:

just caught up on the highlights and the goals.

Bale. Just what the fuck. Absolutely sensational and even then it's an understatement. Utterly ridiculous levels and Zidane's reaction spoke for everyone.

The other side of the coin being Loris Karius. Wow. Embarrassing. 

Am I correct in saying you're on holiday? Where are you?

D Y N A S T Y

T H R E E P E A T

That being said, fair play to Liverpool. Real looked like they were 'a size too big' as we put it in Holland, but there's no telling what would've happened had Salah not had to go off. It's weird to say seeing as the entire neighborhood probably heard me celebrating the goals, but I genuinely felt sad seeing such a class player tap out of the game barely half an hour in, even if it increased the chances for the team I was rooting for.

In the end, Lallana for Salah was a far bigger drop in quality than Nacho for Carvajal, and it may well have decided the game. Even taking into account Karius's howlers, Liverpool just never looked like they were going to win it after Salah went off. Obviously Salah is class and he will surely get the chance to redeem himself at one point, and so will Liverpool if they manage to keep the squad together. Tonight it was obvious that Liverpool did not have a Plan B for when all-out attack didn't bring them the results they wanted, and it was the depth of Madrid's team that ultimately helped them win yet another Champion's League.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Am I correct in saying you're on holiday? Where are you?

you are incorrect.

I went to the Championship play-off final at Wembley and only got home half hour ago. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Karius has made mistakes at work. We’ve all done the same. Every single one of us. The difference is we don’t have millions of pairs of eyes judging us for those mistakes. 

I´ll always have time and respect for a player who owns it like Karius did. I really wish him the best. And also, it was really nice from Nacho and Isco (?) to take some time in all that celebration to encourage Karius. Great sportmanship.

Just now, Stan said:

you are incorrect.

I went to the Championship play-off final at Wembley and only got home half hour ago. 

Ah, thought I read you were on holiday xD

Henderson definitely isn't captain material. Was totally absent tonight. And 2 of the goals were big mistakes but Liverpool were deflated for the whole game after Salah went off which is a sign of a weak mentality. Ramos is a massive cunt though and feel for the Liverpool fans on here who were probably encouraged by the performance before the injury as they did look much the better side.

12 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

There’s some proper wet wipes in the World. A quick search of Karius’ name on Twitter brings up some frankly disgusting and pretty disturbing stuff from some pretty insignificant and horrible people. 

The lads’ biggest day of his career, potentially his life, up to this point and he’s being ridiculed and laughed at for two mistakes. Nobody wants to make mistakes in life, but everybody does. Especially at work. We’re all guilty of it. 

It wasn’t pleasent viewing watching Karius in floods of tears apologising for his performance. It wasn’t pleasant either that none of his teammates went over to him, just John Achteberg. 

I hope Karius recovers from this and is supported by the club and the PFA. It cannot be easy being him for the next few months. 

poor guy.    that over head of Bale is a thing of legend.   no goal keeper can save that.    and that 2nd from Bale has a wicked spin to it.  it's unfair for Karius to be slammed, when Ronaldo scored that bicycle against Buffon, nobody ever did wiped Buffon's face on the ground, but all praises to Ronaldo.      

Yeah, I'm shocked than none of our players went to Karius. I know they have their own emotions to deal with but that was cold as fuck and it left me with a bad taste in the mouth. 

• Administrator
Just now, 6666 said:

Henderson definitely isn't captain material. Was totally absent tonight. And 2 of the goals were big mistakes but Liverpool were deflated for the whole game after Salah went off which is a sign of a weak mentality. Ramos is a massive cunt though and feel for the Liverpool fans on here who were probably encouraged by the performance before the injury as they did look much the better side.

i heard that he didn't even go and console Karius at all. Captain's gotta be there for everyone, not just when you're winning/on a high.

Just now, bozziovai said:

poor guy.    that over head of Bale is a thing of legend.   no goal keeper can save that.    and that 2nd from Bale has a wicked spin to it.  it's unfair for Karius to be slammed, when Ronaldo scored that bicycle against Buffon, nobody ever did wiped Buffon's face on the ground, but all praises to Ronaldo.      

I think Karius isn't going to get much blame for that one, as opposed to the other ones which were fucking pitiful.

I just don't see how he can recover from this.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Karius isn't going to get much blame for that one, as opposed to the other ones which were fucking pitiful.

I just don't see how he can recover from this.

well, that first one was ............. i don't know, nerves getting the better off him ??? or benzema just being too cheeky ......

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mate, I lost all respect for Henderson as a captain and example of his club when he didn't do a thing to help a bloke out on the worst day of his professional life. 

Fucking hell, when John Terry slipped away the CL in 08, Lampard as right there.

I still feel a bit ambiguous about all of this. Obviously, committing 1, let alone 2 such errors on this level is absolutely unforgiveable for a goalkeeper. On the other hand, the guy's still human and he obviously didn't intend to let his team mates down like that, so in that moment, when the guy gets what will probably be the biggest trauma of his career, you have to be there for him, not just as a team mate but as a fellow man. Then you let the management and whatnot draw their conclusions and do what they deem necessary.

It all sounds incredibly clichéd, but when you see errors like this, or like John Terry's miss against United, you can't help but think this kind of experience fucks with the man's brain, and you just have to do what you can to make sure he doesn't destroy himself over it.

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Nothing I have said has been controversial at all xD the likes of Chaay and Danny haven't watched a second of Real Madrid this season before tonight and are being masked by the amount of goals Ronaldo scored this season.

He's not one of the top 5 this season, but one of the 10 best of all time in his prime.

Talking more nonsense as usual. @Teso dos Bichos actually posts more sense than you. 

3 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Congrats to  @bozziovai and @Panflute . This was a greater glimpse of "magic realism" than the Glasgow final, although I think that after the Salah incident, Real Madrid had the thing under control. Karius worries me. The poor man may give up on life this very night.

I have the same feeling as I did with Terry in '08. Just make someone keep an eye on him for the next couple of days or something.

2 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

Congrats to  @bozziovai and @Panflute . This was a greater glimpse of "magic realism" than the Glasgow final, although I think that after the Salah incident, Real Madrid had the thing under control. Karius worries me. The poor man may give up on life this very night.

this is quite an accomplishment for Madrid.

but the question now is --- What's next ??    can we assume that Zidane will keep his post ???     will perez be tempted to keep this group rather than doing a full reconstruction ??

• The topic was unpinned

Archived