talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frank Lampard to go in to Management

football forum

I'm grateful to see that this generation are not taking the easy punditry route and are trying to pass on their knowledge to others.

Frank Lampard says he is ready to step into football management if the right opportunity comes along.

The ex-England midfielder has been working through his coaching qualifications at former club Chelsea as he inches closer to a first job in management.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm grateful to see that this generation are not taking the easy punditry route and are trying to pass on their knowledge to others.

You'd really have to be hoping that members of that golden generation of English football turn out some great British managers because otherwise the likes of messrs Hodgson, Allardyce and co will leave a big hole behind them when they exit the industry. 

It's a shame we're going to loose Gerrard and eventually lampard from the champions league punditry.  Along with Rio I think they are an excellent punditry team. I think lampard is the sort of guy who won't mind starting at a lower league club

On 03/05/2018 at 07:14, Harry said:

You'd really have to be hoping that members of that golden generation of English football turn out some great British managers because otherwise the likes of messrs Hodgson, Allardyce and co will leave a big hole behind them when they exit the industry. 

Dyche and Howe are decent

On 5/3/2018 at 06:50, Danny said:

He was the smartest player at Chelsea and not saying that will translate into management but you'd think he'd stand a better chance.

If you are talking academically, then yes, you are correct, however the football brains on the pitch at Chelsea during all his time at the club was John Terry.

He is actually a great pundit for me, one of the better one's to come through in recent years. Very well balanced and I enjoy listening to him. Interesting to see how he fares in management, I think a lot of it comes down to finding the right club and sometimes it can take a while to find it.

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He is actually a great pundit for me, one of the better one's to come through in recent years. Very well balanced and I enjoy listening to him. Interesting to see how he fares in management, I think a lot of it comes down to finding the right club and sometimes it can take a while to find it.

If he does well he'll probably get the Chelsea job. Finish 12th get sacked then manage Bournemouth and get relegated. Then end up managing sunderland who have had 12 successive relegations

Archived