talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Is this the start of a trophy laden spell for Liverpool?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Firmino, Salah, Mane in the side, no after effects of the loss of Coutinho, Klopp as gaffer, a Champions League Final, Naby Keita coming in.

It got me thinking, is this the start of a trophy laden spell for Liverpool?

few League Cups to follow. Maybe an FA Cup. 

• Subscriber

I think we need one/two more players in defense to help the rotation better even though Clyne is back in the fold because I honestly can't see how Moreno is ever going to be a proper fallback for Andy in any universe.

The problem is money. No one can compete with the two Manchester clubs. However klopp is building something and they could win the league with him I think

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Firmino, Salah, Mane in the side, no after effects of the loss of Coutinho, Klopp as gaffer, a Champions League Final, Naby Keita coming in.

It got me thinking, is this the start of a trophy laden spell for Liverpool?

it's still too early to tell becoz we still don't know what will happen to those three influential players.    Madrid and the rest of the rich clubs wants to sign Salah and so are Firmino and Mane have a lot of suitors.      Granting the players are still intact next season, maybe they can challenge for the EPL, but they need consistency and some nerve of steel and a very strong will to win every game coz we don't see that hunger to win game in game out this season.

Let's see if we can win this cup before we talk about going on a run. Obviously, I'd be delighted if it were true but we have a mountain to climb in a fortnight.

This Liverpool is a lot better put together than the Liverpool side that got to their previous 2 CL finals against A.C. Milan so they have a better chance of sustaining their competitiveness at the top but it's a bit too much to say they'll start winning the top trophies on a regular basis because of this. Even with this run to the final, they're still 3rd in the league and some way off Man City.

Liking this Liverpool team, but as suggested above they don't play the football needed to win the title. They should do fairly good in a one game competitions or two leg games. Winning the Champions League apart from the money should attract even bigger players for them to sign. The excitement is back at Anfield, bet all the good Liverpool cunts from TFF are buzzing for the final as they should.

They're not yet in the position to be successful for a sustained period but I don't think they're very far off. I think if they signed a proper organising CM and a bit of depth (a backup LB, another winger to rotate with Salah and Mane, a decent backup to Firmino) they could mount a proper title challenge.

If they then got an elite CB in to partner Van Dijk on top of that, there really wouldn't be much more room to improve the squad.

If Liverpool beat Real on the 26th of May, I believe this could be the start of something special for them and a bigger positive is that Liverpool Football Club in reality are as big as anything out there anywhere in Europe with their name, for me on a par if not bigger than Manchester United in reality.

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If Liverpool beat Real on the 26th of May, I believe this could be the start of something special for them and a bigger positive is that Liverpool Football Club in reality are as big as anything out there anywhere in Europe with their name, for me on a par if not bigger than Manchester United in reality.

Really? Not sure if they're bigger than utd

Just now, SirBalon said:

Why not?

Well you always read about man utd being the most popular club in the world. They generate more money than any club. 

They can beat any side in the world in the 90 minutes, so I see them doing well in cup competitions in the near future if Klopp stays.

Winning league titles takes another level of consistency that they don't seem to have. They need to be in control of more games which they rarely are... they just score a lot to make up for it.

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its true.

No way, this is a short term of success for Liverpool, its Klopp ffs. Mainz and Dortmund were in bad shape when Klopp left.

What about inter and Chelsea when mourinho left

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well you always read about man utd being the most popular club in the world. They generate more money than any club. 

That marketing rubbish is not what I was talking about mate.  Real Madrid are a million light years away from Man Utd as a successful club but both are either on a par or very close to each other on that other stuff you're quoting. What matter more to a football fan?

Impossible to tell. Winning it will certainly go some way to helping us keep our best players and hopefully attract better players to improve a few positions. I agree with a few of the others that the league isn't realistic at the moment until we get a stronger squad. Having good runs in Europe like we did under Benitez for a few years though? Why not?

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And Ranieri before him 

How is it important how a coach leaves a club in terms of shape?

The question in my opinion is what the fans of said club feel the scenario was in terms of a long standing project which is what moves a club forward. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How is it important how a coach leaves a club in terms of shape?

The question in my opinion is what the fans of said club feel the scenario was in terms of a long standing project which is what moves a club forward. 

Just countering Teso's laughable notion. Apparently Mourinho left Conte a title winning team (amid finishing 10th the season before) As if Ranieri didn't leave Mourinho a good team. 

Terry was already captain

Makalele was Ranieri

Lampard was Ranieri

Duff was Ranieri

J Cole was Ranieri 

I think we may be in a position to be consistently part of the conversation of potential title winners throughout the season. As opposed to being part of the conversation for fourth place. 

I'll take that. If we can consistently challenge for the title we'll surely get one eventually. 

50 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That marketing rubbish is not what I was talking about mate.  Real Madrid are a million light years away from Man Utd as a successful club but both are either on a par or very close to each other on that other stuff you're quoting. What matter more to a football fan?

In terms if success man utd have won more bit Liverpool have more European cups. I suppose in terms of a European tie Liverpool real Madrid is bigger because they have won more. Depends how you look at it I guess

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just countering Teso's laughable notion. Apparently Mourinho left Conte a title winning team (amid finishing 10th the season before) As if Ranieri didn't leave Mourinho a good team. 

Terry was already captain

Makalele was Ranieri

Lampard was Ranieri

Duff was Ranieri

J Cole was Ranieri 

Cech was Ranieri too

Archived