talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Roy Hodgson - No Plans to Leave Palace

:banana: 

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says he has no plans to follow in his predecessors' footsteps and leave the club after saving them from relegation.

Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce departed Selhurst Park - in 2014 and 2017, respectively - shortly after helping the club avoid relegation from the Premier League.

Hodgson now looks to have also saved Palace from the drop - they are 11th in the table, six points above the relegation zone with two matches to play - but says he wants to remain at the club next season.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Really pleased for him to be honest. People write him off based on his few months at Liverpool, which were disastrous, but people need to be more willing to accept that a manager can do a tragic job in one place without it making all of their other successes "lucky" or overrated or generally put them down to other circumstances.

I think people who write him off can't know much about football without sounding arrogant. He's clearly no Klopp or Mourinho, but he done really well with Fulham and I believe West Brom were hardly struggling under him.

I imagine he'll get Palace to a Europa League spot and might make them a bit interesting to watch.

Archived