talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Butland at Crystal Palace

... and this is Paul Lambert's quite brilliant response

Paul Lambert has claimed £35m would only be enough for goalkeeper Jack Butland's right glove.

An offer to that value was reportedly being prepared by Wolves, already promoted to the Premier League this week.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It's all well and good saying that they couldn't afford him but Stoke are going down, the sooner they realise that the better.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take advantage of our current high this weekend and give themselves a chance.

• 2 months later...
On 23/07/2018 at 21:25, The Palace Fan said:

Stoke's Jack Butland is among Chelsea's list of potential new goalkeepers should Thibaut Courtois leave the club this summer, according to the much beloved Sky sources.

He's probably not good enough for Chelsea but he should be playing in the premier league 

He'd be mad not to push for this. A potentially fantastic opportunity.

Sky sources understand Chelsea have made Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland their top target if Thibaut Coutois leaves the club.

The Blues have switched their attention to the Stoke goalkeeper after Everton refused to negotiate over Jordan Pickford and Sky Sports News has been told there has already been informal contact between Chelsea and Stoke City at boardroom level. 

It is understood the Potters would be prepared to allow Butland to leave for around £30m - but want any deal for the England goalkeeper to be resolved quickly, so that they would have time to buy a replacement. 

The closer the negotiations go to 5pm on Thursday, the more likely it is that Stoke will demand a bigger fee, Sky Sports News understands.

I'f you're Pickford, you'd have to be concerned with this. If Chelsea re-establish themselves at the top again (if) and Butland is their number one at a high level, champions league etc, then any form Pickford is having will be overshadowed and his England place in doubt. Hate to say it, but that's the game unfortunately.. there are not many opportunities for an English keeper to be number 1 at these types of clubs.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, DNA said:

I'f you're Pickford, you'd have to be concerned with this. If Chelsea re-establish themselves at the top again (if) and Butland is their number one at a high level, champions league etc, then any form Pickford is having will be overshadowed and his England place in doubt. Hate to say it, but that's the game unfortunately.. there are not many opportunities for an English keeper to be number 1 at these types of clubs.

Pickford has established himself as England number one. Southgate won't change goalkeeper unless he drastically loses form and even if he performs poorly for Everton I think it would take poor England performances before Southgate considered making the change.

I doubt Pickford is at all worried, his stock has never been higher, he's a confident lad and at the moment Butland is busy getting relegated to the Championship and throwing balls into his own net so I think we're a long way away from there being a debate over his international position.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 8 months later...
34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Christ, I remember when there were actual Liverpool fans who would have taken him

Right but we had Mignolet in goal at the time, not Allison. I didn't want him at the time because he wasn't enough of an upgrade, but I'd still take a straight swap

• The title was changed to Jack Butland - To Sign For Chelsea?
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Butland is being linked with Liverpool again. Don't think he's any improvement on Adrian. Maybe he might benefit from just not being Adrian, like Adrian benefited from not being Mignolet or Karius last year. 

But then the rest of the squad will probably see the highlight reel of his mistakes for Stoke since they got relegated and think 'fuck that'

Butland is like the Jesse Lingard of 'keepers.

Terribly overrated that he's not even Stoke's number 1 keeper anymore. He's been in the Championship for two seasons without pulling up any trees.

I just don't get how he still get's linked to high calibre clubs, even if it is as a reserve.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived