Watford vs Newcastle
West Brom vs Tottenham

Sunday 6th May, 2018
Arsenal vs Burnley, 16.30

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We'll get beat and Puel will get the sack as a result.

We're missing about 9 players. We haven't won at home in months (and haven't played a single top half side in that time), have won 4 in 18, clearly have issues behind the scenes and have nothing but pride to play for - not that there's even that, that went last week.

Comfortable West Ham win. I am absolutely flabbergasted that we are the favourites.

We can be pleased with that 2nd half performance. Watford were hanging on. We had 71% possession in the half but we don't have any clinical players at this level.

We need to beat Tottenham or Chelsea to finish top half on goal difference. Unless we take a hammering off one of them.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Dan said:

We'll get beat and Puel will get the sack as a result.

We're missing about 9 players. We haven't won at home in months (and haven't played a single top half side in that time), have won 4 in 18, clearly have issues behind the scenes and have nothing but pride to play for - not that there's even that, that went last week.

Comfortable West Ham win. I am absolutely flabbergasted that we are the favourites.

Oh look. Right again.

We're a disgrace and will go down next year.

• Subscriber

Being a Leicester fan must feel an awful lot like being an Everton fan this season. Like you don't want to see any of your squad play for you again and you can't think of a single person you'd happily see in the dugout that's realistic.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Being a Leicester fan must feel an awful lot like being an Everton fan this season. Like you don't want to see any of your squad play for you again and you can't think of a single person you'd happily see in the dugout that's realistic.

It's such a weird situation to really grasp because part of me thinks that for a club like us, historically, we're in a good position.

But I just feel like where we are is a symbol of how many errors we've made in the last two years, and where we'll go from here will show it up even further.

Make no mistake, I put us firmly in the "we're being kept up because other sides are shitter than us" camp.

What's so frustrating now is that neutrals see us as a club who should now just sit back and give up. Because of what happened two years ago, we're now supposed to be happy no matter what transpires. Lose 5-0 at Crystal Palace? It's OK, we won the league before. Gone down? Never mind, at least we won the league. In administration? Doesn't matter, we won the league once.

I feel so lucky to be born into supporting the club that did achieve the ultimate, unlikeliest achievement, and I've witnessed something that so many won't have done, but this club didn't die in 2016, yet we're almost meant to act like it did.

It's depressing now. Those most important in delivering what happened are gone and plenty still at the club are treated as if they were the crucial ones and they won't be moved on as a result. It will relegate us.

2-0 Arsenal at HT for Wenger's final home game. Goals from Aubameyang and Lacazette.

We have been very good although Burnley have been pretty shoddy. Hopefully we can finish the job now and send him off with a win.

Chambers & Mavropanos looking good again. Xhaka having another good game (like most games). Aubameyang & Lacazette with a goal each. Lovely sunny day. A nice farewell for Wenger that should annoy the brain dead which only makes it better. Hoping Mertesacker can be brought on for his farewell.

Super performance by everybody today, we have some very astute talent in this squad. I'm really excited to see how they progress under a new manager. This was pretty much a dead rubber so you can't take too much away from it, but a lot of positives in the team today. Still need to bolster our midfield, defence and wingers desperately though. I'm interested to see how the Lacazette/Aubameyang partnership will work. For me Pierre is far superior and has to start up top if we play with a single striker system, unless we get a pretty rigid coach I struggle to see us playing with two upfront next season. What I don't really want to see is either one shunted out wide though. That's for another thread though

Overall a great send-off win for Wenger. Lovely to see Mertesacker get that run-out at the end as well.

42 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Chambers & Mavropanos looking good again. Xhaka having another good game (like most games). Aubameyang & Lacazette with a goal each. Lovely sunny day. A nice farewell for Wenger that should annoy the brain dead which only makes it better. Hoping Mertesacker can be brought on for his farewell.

Xhaka is superb mate, totally agree with you. Shame people won't give him a chance after he struggled to begin with. Still has his moments, but his passing is next level good, one of the best in the league easily.

Great send off for Wenger at home, pleased the players did the business on the pitch. If only they could have replicated their home form away from home this season...not many put 5 past Burnley, especially this season! Their front two are exceptional though and IF Arsenal can appoint a manager who is solid defensively they should surely improve next season as those two on their day are as good as any partnership but its been no good so far due to the terrible defensive mistakes. The defence needs a complete overall, but the attacking options are good.

Crazy to see how few Leicester fans stayed for the lap of honour at the end of yesterday's game! I know form of late has been poor and unacceptable BUT overall they have had a decent season - the top 6 realistically are all expected to finish ahead of them and then Burnley have had an exceptional season by their standards so 9th place is about right in and around Newcastle and Everton in my opinion. 

• Subscriber

I explained to you the other day why it really isn't that good a season.

I do think people overlook how much we spend as well. Our wage bill isn't far off Everton's. Tottenham's is nearer to ours than the rest of the top six.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, roversgirl said:

Great send off for Wenger at home, pleased the players did the business on the pitch. If only they could have replicated their home form away from home this season...not many put 5 past Burnley, especially this season! Their front two are exceptional though and IF Arsenal can appoint a manager who is solid defensively they should surely improve next season as those two on their day are as good as any partnership but its been no good so far due to the terrible defensive mistakes. The defence needs a complete overall, but the attacking options are good.

Crazy to see how few Leicester fans stayed for the lap of honour at the end of yesterday's game! I know form of late has been poor and unacceptable BUT overall they have had a decent season - the top 6 realistically are all expected to finish ahead of them and then Burnley have had an exceptional season by their standards so 9th place is about right in and around Newcastle and Everton in my opinion. 

it's not that crazy if you have seen mine and @Dan's posts. Nevermind.

• Subscriber

The way they've ended this season we're pretty much getting to the point where any residual benefits, in terms of finances or how attractive the club is to potential signings or investors, of winning the title have pretty much vanished.

Leicester will always have the memory of winning that championship which is irreplaceable and something many of us will never experience in our lifetimes. However, they've really shat the bed in terms of trying to maximise the long term benefit to the club. I don't think it'll happen but on this trajectory and with Mahrez likely to leave sooner rather than later, it wouldn't be a huge shock to see them in a relegation fight next season.

Having spent most of the last few years being told that I should be happy with Everton finishing 7th every season by people who know nothing about supporting the club, I fully appreciate @Stan and @Dan's complaints about the way their season has gone, and the mass exodus of their fans before the lap of appreciation at the end of the game.

It's beyond baffling how many football fans there are that demand that their own club break new ground and step forward every season then go around suggesting that fans of other clubs should just be happy to "do okay" and finish in the same position every season because "that's about right for that club". Sick of hearing it every time fans of other clubs comment on discussions chime in with it when myself and other Everton fans discuss the clubs ambitions of simply moving towards the top six, so I can imagine for Leicester it's the same.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

However, they've really shat the bed in terms of trying to maximise the long term benefit to the club.

million times this.

• Subscriber

Rando's post is basically spot on.

I stress the point so many times, I don't demand we win the league again. I'm not so unrealistic to expect that Leicester can waltz in and battle the heavyweights of this league just because we did it once, in what was a collection of pretty extraordinary events.

But one of those extraordinary events was how well organised as a club we were, how highly motivated the players were, how well things pieced together.

Leicester winning the league was a freak, but there was a reason that it was us who did it, and not Swansea, and Southampton, and not West Ham - we're told how bad the league was that year but none of the others really took advantage of it.

I can see serious fundamental flaws in the way this club is at the minute. They aren't irrecoverable, but I've seen little to suggest that they are going to be recovered.

Tell me how good we really are?

94 Manchester City

77 Manchester United

72 Liverpool

71 Tottenham

69 Chelsea

60 Arsenal

54 Burnley

49 Everton

44 Leicester

41 Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Watford

40 Brighton