talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

23rd/28th/29th March - World Cup Qualifiers (South American)

Just now, Cicero said:

Pitch. Not stadium. 

Don't be surprised, pitches in Buenos Aires are always shambles. 

I'd say the Estadio Nacional (both in Lima and Santiago) both have the best pitches most considering they get less rain than most of the other nations. Brazil as well but they always alternate between stadiums instead of consistently playing in one.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pitch. Not stadium. 

Ah yeah, them idiots who work there overwet it most of the times.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Don't be surprised, pitches in Buenos Aires are always shambles. 

I'd say the Estadio Nacional (both in Lima and Santiago) both have the best pitches most considering they get less rain than most of the other nations. Brazil as well but they always alternate between stadiums instead of consistently playing in one.

Fuck off Winnie The Poo-ru.

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

@Berserker Why the fuck weren't Dybala and Gaitan in the squad? 

Shambles from Argentina again and got lucky with the penalty. Other than that they created fuck all considering the usual suspects are STILL getting selected. Defence kept Chile out of the game, and Mercado played a big part. 

Still no good signs for Argentina. They may have moved to third, but as things stand the whole set up still looks worrying. 

Just read this. Literally because Bauza is an useless cuntmuppet. He keeps picking Biglia, Mas and fucking Aguero when they shouldn't even be on the squad!

26 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Just read this. Literally because Bauza is an useless cuntmuppet. He keeps picking Biglia, Mas and fucking Aguero when they shouldn't even be on the squad!

What's the news over there? I'm seeing debate on the team being picked based off who is Messi and Mascherano's friends rather than who's in form. I can't confirm this of course and whenever someone brings it up on Fox Sports Argentina, it always results in a fight. From an Argentinian, you would know better on this issue than me.

Question for @El_Loco - do you believe Brazil should start losing a few games to ease the expectation for the World Cup?

Obviously as a Brazilian you'll want to win every game, but I think it would be good for the performances to be saved for the tournament. What I'm saying is, would you mind dropping points by now?

6 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Question for @El_Loco - do you believe Brazil should start losing a few games to ease the expectation for the World Cup?

Obviously as a Brazilian you'll want to win every game, but I think it would be good for the performances to be saved for the tournament. What I'm saying is, would you mind dropping points by now?

No, though I think performances now matter much more than results. Most important thing is to keep playing well. The off-pitch stuff you just can't control. I understand the question. When Brazil plays well the hype is huge, TV Globo creates a huge expectation and millions of brazilians, including the players buy it. But it's up to Tite to control the dressing room and make sure everyone keeps playing well until 2018. In terms of talent, I think Germany, France and Brazil are very close, I like our chances next year.

3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

No, though I think performances now matter much more than results. Most important thing is to keep playing well. The off-pitch stuff you just can't control. I understand the question. When Brazil plays well the hype is huge, TV Globo creates a huge expectation and millions of brazilians, including the players buy it. But it's up to Tite to control the dressing room and make sure everyone keeps playing well until 2018. In terms of talent, I think Germany, France and Brazil are very close, I like our chances next year.

I definitely think you're too good right now to do an Argentina 2002, however the expectation and hype can be worrying. Its been an issue here in Peru since forever. I would agree on the 3 teams with most talent although I do think France are more of a few individuals rather than a "team". Germany for me is still the best team in the world. They don't play pretty football like Brazil are currently but still have the best team in the world on paper and have the mentality for the big games while grinding it out against the small teams.

The press in Peru, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Chile are definitely the ones in latinamerica that most hype up their teams. Not surprising though given that aside from Chile those are the biggest nations in latinamerica. All have been huge footballing nations at some point in time too.

Godin apparently missing our game.  Good news, although I'm very pessimistic for this next game. We've been excellent but I feel like another loss is coming. We still don't have that ability to grind out results.

On 24/3/2017 at 2:43 PM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Top three stadiums (south/north america) La Bombonera, el maracana, and El Azteca. 

River's stadium is shit, especially with El fantasma de La B roaming around. :4_joy:

Just read this. La Bostanera is shit, and i'd say "El Fantasma de la pimienta" it's worse than the other. :what: El Monumental is much bigger and better than that toilet of a stadium that's only good for flooding itself. Our stadium is probably the best Stadium owned exclusively by a club in the whole continent.

South American Qualifiers table since the Copa America

We should be at 8 points if it weren't for the whole Nelson Cabrera incident, but what's happened has happened and that doesn't take away that we are playing very well.

a579c8a53c0ebae49480ccd073f2999f.png

My lineup vs Uruguay

Gallese

Trauco - Araujo - Rodriguez - Corzo

Yotun - Aquino

Flores - Cueva - Carillo

Guerrero

Good that we have our whole forward line against Uruguay. We'll cause some damage to a team with very good CB's but lackluster fullbacks. I'm worried about our other CB though. Araujo is shite but I'm not sure Santamaria is ready for his first cap here in a must win game. Araujo has already gotten a cap and played well against Ecuador.

football forum

Since when did Peru get decent results? Shocked that they are joined 2nd which is a nice achievement, imagine the scenes if they got to the a World Cup.

Brazil look the ones to watch again though, running away with the qualification process and surely determined to bounce back from the 7-1 defeat on home soil.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Since when did Peru get decent results? Shocked that they are joined 2nd which is a nice achievement, imagine the scenes if they got to the a World Cup.

Brazil look the ones to watch again though, running away with the qualification process and surely determined to bounce back from the 7-1 defeat on home soil.

We're in 8th, that table I posted above is the table since the Copa America, not overall. However, we have equalled out points tally last time and have indeed gotten decent results + have been playing very good football but still somewhat lack the ability to grind results. Unfortunately our start to the qualification process is going to cost us going to a World Cup but I believe we will fight the last 5 games. Sure the FIFA rankings aren't accurate but we've moved up to 18th for a good reason I'd say.

I agree on Brazil. They've been very good. I still think Germany are a bit better though.

@Cicero

The apparent Argentina lineup for tomorrow

S. Romero, F. Roncaglia, M. Musacchio, R. Funes Mori, M. Rojo; E. Pérez, E. Banega, G. Pizarro, A. Di María,  L. Messi y Lucas Pratto

It doesn't look thrilling on paper but some of those (Banega, Pratto, Perez) have impressed when they've played for Argentina. I still think they'll lose because they're in La Paz but its definitely a "different" lineup.

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

@Cicero

The apparent Argentina lineup for tomorrow

S. Romero, F. Roncaglia, M. Musacchio, R. Funes Mori, M. Rojo; E. Pérez, E. Banega, G. Pizarro, A. Di María,  L. Messi y Lucas Pratto

It doesn't look thrilling on paper but some of those (Banega, Pratto, Perez) have impressed when they've played for Argentina. I still think they'll lose because they're in La Paz but its definitely a "different" lineup.

I like Roncaglia. Argentina are solid on RB's for next summer with him and Mercado. Zabaleta should be castrated.

Good looking lineup (never been a fan of Perez) although I still don't understand if Aguero and Higuain can get dropped, why not DiMaria? 

Do Argentina really have no quality LB's? Rojo is another that shouldn't be in the team. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I like Roncaglia. Argentina are solid on RB's for next summer with him and Mercado. Zabaleta should be castrated.

Good looking lineup (never been a fan of Perez) although I still don't understand if Aguero can get dropped, why not DiMaria? 

Do Argentina really have no quality LB's? Rojo is another that shouldn't be in the team. 

Mas and Rojo are awful. I don't like Roncaglia although Mercado is solid and has been above average for Argentina since coming in for the team.

The lineup I feel is based on players who have played in Bolivia at club level in the continental competitions. Enzo Perez and Funes Mori have both played in Bolivia for Libertadores matches and I'm sure Pratto also has given he's still in South America. Although this won't make a difference as its still very few matches and it takes months to get used to it but its something. 

I say a 0-0 draw or a narrow 1-0 win to Bolivia. 

On 26/3/2017 at 11:27 AM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Gallese

Trauco - Araujo - Rodriguez - Corzo

Yotun - Aquino

Flores - Cueva - Carillo

Guerrero

As it appears, this prediction is also going to be spot on. Nothing confirmed yet but sources are now reporting that it will be this. Not really a hard one to predict. There were doubts about the CB position and whether Tapia would stay in CM but Gareca likes Araujo as his 3rd choice and Aquino has done better than Tapia last few games.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Good looking lineup (never been a fan of Perez) although I still don't understand if Aguero and Higuain can get dropped, why not DiMaria? 

Higuain and the Cunt, sorry i mean Kun are suspended for the match due to cards' accumulation.  We have Ansaldi and Vangioni but they were never given a proper chance, perhaps Tagliafico. He'll i'd even try Funes Mori there as he played in there for quite a few matches for us and he did quite good.

I just met the president of a Uruguayan press and got to see the arrival of the Uruguayans at their hotel.

Heres a photo I took of Luis Suarez. Bad angle, but there's not much I can do now xD

8d15788080743560a0469cdd4a61f39c.png

14 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Uh-oh, Messi just got a 2-4 game suspension according to Fox Sports and won't play tomorrow or vs Uruguay.

4 games, starting with today's match. It's too harsh in my opinion. Having said that, Argentina staying out of the World Cup would be hilarious. 😂

• The topic was unpinned

Archived