talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

23rd/28th/29th March - World Cup Qualifiers (South American)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Time to really see what these jokers who put on the Argentina shirt are made of

Argentina with Messi: 6 matches - 5 wins / Without Messi: 7 matches - 1 win. It is simply unexcusable how bad they've been without him. Obviously, he's the best player in the world, but they still got plenty talent on that team. If Macri is really interfering at AFA, he should just call Simeone or Pochettino and try to convince one of them to coach Argentina, even part-time. El Patón Bauza is not good enough and without Messi I'm not sure they'll qualify. Rivalry aside, a World Cup without Argentina is simply not the same.

11 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Argentina with Messi: 6 matches - 5 wins / Without Messi: 7 matches - 1 win. It is simply unexcusable how bad they've been without him. Obviously, he's the best player in the world, but they still got plenty talent on that team. If Macri is really interfering at AFA, he should just call Simeone or Pochettino and try to convince one of them to coach Argentina, even part-time. El Patón Bauza is not good enough and without Messi I'm not sure they'll qualify. Rivalry aside, a World Cup without Argentina is simply not the same.

El Paton Bauza fluked his way to the Libertadores semi final last year. He's a successful manager but he's never been a top top coach and is literally only there because no one wantedto manage Argentina under the AFA.

I remember when people claimed Brazil was just Neymar but it was never ever this bad.

51 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Argentina will be better off fielding a team composed of players who play in the Argentine league than any of the frauds who play in Europe

Don't count on it. The Argentinian league has become awful in the last 2 years. Surely there's enough Argentinians in Brazil to form an 11. THAT could possibly do better, but its an if. Kind of like saying a Championship team could do better than a Premier League team for England.

In other news, Messi misses the game vs Peru! :banana:

No shocks here so far. Bolivia 1-0 up in La Paz and deservedly so. Argentina have woken up since their disastrous start to the game but its not enough. 

Both of The Strongest players (Chumacero and Escobar) looking good, and Moreno is also causing them problems.

Deary me, Caruzzo came on for Funes Mori due to injury. Bolivia should win this now.

12 minutes ago, Machado said:

2-0 Bolivia.

What is up with Argentina's line up? Is this how they have been playing?

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Sheer mockery of such a great footballing country. Whole federation is a joke. 

Playing in Bolivia is always tough for us. But i agree, our federation is and has always been a joke, and Bauza is an useless count that should have never been given the job.

6 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Like i said before, the level of the conmebol is way down. 

Not at all, i'd say its the most difficult and levelled of all the qualifiers, as you can see from the table.

16 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Playing in Bolivia is always tough for us. But i agree, our federation is and has always been a joke, and Bauza is an useless count that should have never been given the job.

Not at all, i'd say its the most difficult and levelled of all the qualifiers, as you can see from the table.

What's the explanation for changing the line up so much Just checked it and Bauza made 6 changes.

Also, I thought Dybala didn't play because he was incompatible with Messi, but apparently that wasn't the reason.

14 minutes ago, Machado said:

What's the explanation for changing the line up so much Just checked it and Bauza made 6 changes.

Well Higuain, Messi and Masch were suspended. The others are performance related or just Bauza's choices. Never liked Bauza to begin with, we should brought Simeone, Sampaoli, Pekerman, Gallardo, Pocchettino or Bielsa instead of him.

Dybala is injured.

Gallardo is a very realistic option

Ecuador looking like they're going out of the WC. 2-0 down at home to Colombia. Odd decisions from Quinteros to not play Ramirez or call up Sornoza and Cazares.

Colombia have surprised me. They've been dreadful so I didn't think they'd beat Ecuador in Quito. Although Ecuador haven't been impressive since their 4 game winning run at the start either. I thought Colombia were a bit worse but I guess not.

Perfect first half from Alexis Sanchez. While the Venezuela defence has been non existent, that won't discredit probably the best first half I've seen from an individual this year so far.

Criminal that Chile didn't win that by 6. They were way too comfortable with the 3-0 lead. They missed way too many easy chances and almost payed the price. Match ended 3-1 with Rincon wrongly not having his goal allowed (which looked over the line to me).

Overall, Chile under Pizzi have improved. I still feel they're carried by Alexis Sanchez at times because he plays like Lionel Messi for the national team. However they look more solid overall now and I can see them doing well in the upcoming World Cup. Still not sold on Uruguay or Colombia though. I guess I'll see what Uruguay are made of tonight against us. Look really average at times but they get the goals and have a top team on paper.

Just a quick complaint. The match started at 7 Chilean time, and it gets dark late over there. That's not because they're far from the equator, that's because they should be in Peru's timezone. Not Argentina. Baffling that they are in Argentina's time zone. Reminds me of China.

1-1 at the half against Uruguay. We're the better team right now but with Uruguay, that doesn't matter. They'll find a way to score anyhow. I'm nervous here.

Fully deserved the win against Uruguay. We we're completely dominant and had it not been for us feeling comfortable with the 2-1, we should have scored a 3rd but squandered a few of our last chances. Paolo Guerrero is a top class player. He completely left Godin on the floor (who had an absolute mare of a game) and scored one of the best goals of the qualifiers today. Oreja Flores also played a great game and got his reward with a goal. Had to come from behind but we did our job and finally won against Uruguay after 4 attempts. I still don't think we'll qualify for the World Cup but I'd like to finish 6th and that has to be the aim as we deserve it for how well we are playing. If only we clicked at the beginning we could have been fighting for the spot.

What a picture!

508e526e3833962da9978392820f1557.png

3 losses in the last 12. Very good for our standards. Only 2 losses if you want to count the points that were given to us by Bolivia, I'm going by 3 on the pitch.

The question is how high do we move up in the FIFA rankings? I'm getting the feeling we'll go above England xD

I'll find out tomorrow I guess. Misterchip will probably work it out.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Messi is getting a longer ban for insulting an official than what Neil Taylor's getting for potentially ending a player's career.

Absolutely ridiculous!

That ban is disproportionate and a joke when we measure past FIFA bans and the misdemeanours.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived