talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League Final 2018 - ATLÉTICO MADRID 3-0 OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up being much more one sided, than I expected. Makes you think how did Marseille reach the final.

The best team of the competition won. No arguments there.

1 minute ago, ASF said:

Ended up being much more one sided, than I expected. Makes you think how did Marseille reach the final.

The best team of the competition won. No arguments there.

Losing Payet early on was a massive blow to be fair.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Losing Payet early on was a massive blow to be fair.

Can't say I shed a tear to see him leaving the final, injured, after what he did to Ronaldo 2 years ago, the smug cunt.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Atletico had this Europa league won the minute they finished third in the Champs League. They are far too good for this competition, but still an achievement to dominate it. A 2nd place finish in La Liga is hardly bad either. I think their season could have been better(they are good enough to go far in the Champs league and could have been closer to the top had they been more consistent) but it's still been a positive one from them and something to build on for next season.

Yea.. I find it hard to be pleased for Atletico winning this given they were not good enough to qualify from their own CL group... for me it's all wrong to be giving failed sides another bite at the cherry and effectively almost give them a pass to a final given the different levels each club are at.. Marseille finished 5th didn't they to qualify for this and have played every game to get to the final only to be beaten by superior opposition who finished 2 places above them in another league.. 

Clubs that are being placed in the Champions League are among the best 3 or 4 in those respective Leagues and then the Europa is for those teams that are the next level down.. They tip the balance in favour of stronger sides by giving these passes and it kills the game for me... 

Game was done at 1-0. Marseille started better, Atletico got a lucky lead and after that Atletico were just gonna wait and pounce on any slight mistake. Boring team but deserved winners.

Watched it with friends... It turned out to be a more entertaining game than I thought it would be in the end.  Olympique gave a decent account of themselves for a bit but there was a massive gulf in class and more so in experience of understanding how to cope with high profile pressure games.  Griezmann showing he is an authentic elite player!  Atlético have gone into overdrive to try and convince him to stay.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Watched it with friends... It turned out to be a more entertaining game than I thought it would be in the end.  Olympique gave a decent account of themselves for a bit but there was a massive gulf in class and more so in experience of understanding how to cope with high profile pressure games.  Griezmann showing he is an authentic elite player!  Atlético have gone into overdrive to try and convince him to stay.

Arsenal got knocked out to convince Wenger to leave :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived