talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

didn't know he'd retired xD 

I'd take him. He's not the most gifted technically but you know every time he'll give 100%. And he can be utilised in various positions, full-back if necessary, wings if necessary, central midfield. Yeah we all know he's not the best in any of those positions but if worst comes to worst he'll be there. 

Look, I love Milner. He's Leeds through and through and one of those players that's gone through his career very undervalued. It's been his own fault to a degree he's so good at being versatile because he hasn't ever been pigeon holed in one position.

I get the whole 'bring him along for the extra experience' thing but I'm a firm believer in thinking we've moved on now. It's about the new generation, we need to look at the future. Get them in and let their experiences grow. Milner will not be at the next World Cup so let's look at who potentially will be.

On 04/05/2018 at 06:21, The Palace Fan said:

Given his recent performances should Gareth Southgate ask him to come out of retirement for this summer's world cup?

City reject, Souhgate would be better off taking Delph

13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

City reject, Souhgate would be better off taking Delph

Delph should be in the side for sure with the season he's had. He's also not retired from international football, which is less of an impediment to being called up than being retired is.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Delph should be in the side for sure with the season he's had. He's also not retired from international football, which is less of an impediment to being called up than being retired is.

He's had a decent season, only worry would be his injury record but he can cover a few different positions so would be handy to have in the squad 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Look, I love Milner. He's Leeds through and through and one of those players that's gone through his career very undervalued. It's been his own fault to a degree he's so good at being versatile because he hasn't ever been pigeon holed in one position.

I get the whole 'bring him along for the extra experience' thing but I'm a firm believer in thinking we've moved on now. It's about the new generation, we need to look at the future. Get them in and let their experiences grow. Milner will not be at the next World Cup so let's look at who potentially will be.

It's different when he's actually performing well though.

I'd take him. He deserves to go.

Archived