talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Laurent Koscielny to Miss The World Cup

Arsenal and France defender Laurent Koscielny is set to miss the World Cup after suffering a serious Achilles injury during the Europa League semi-final second leg.

Koscielny was stretchered off after just 12 minutes of Arsenal's clash with Atletico Madrid.

The 32-year-old lost his footing while moving towards Atletico forward Diego Costa off the ball and was in obvious distress as he clutched his lower leg.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never good to see a player injured long term, shame for him i think this could perhaps be his last big tournament with France. By the time of the next one he will be 34, but fuck me i thought he was younger.

Never ever rated Koscielny. Ever since the cup final against Birmingham in 2011, I always thought Arsenal could do better.  Seeing him start for the National side as well always left me baffled as to what everyone sees in him. 

France are perfectly fine and will improve now that dead weight is gone. Umtiti and Varane to start. Laporte, Zouma, Hernandez as backups. 

Yeah I mentioned the same yesterday in the Arsenal thread. Was this really bad news? Umtiti and Varane are better players at least from what I remember of Koscielny..

Surprised he is going, surely France have better centre backs, he has been dreadful this season or it could also be that he is playing beside Mustafi who again, should be nowhere near the German national team. 

Archived