talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - Final Matchday - 5-6th May, 2018

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

WE'RE CARDIFF CITY. WE'RE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

I can now confirm that I have removed all the shit from my pants. The game itself was shit but Fulham losing at completely the wrong time meant our result didn't matter.

And then you just put those pants back on? 

What a special day yesterday celebrating our promotion at Ewood in front of 27,000 fans. The atmosphere was amazing, only slightly ruined by the minority at the end coming on to the pitch. Thankfully they left and we got to celebrate properly with the players and they could bring their families on the pitch to join.

Tony Mowbray has performed a miracle at this club. Yes he had a good League One budget, but he has transformed the the culture and spirit within the club and turned the mentality into a winning one from a losing one which has been present since Allardyce left. He has made clever signings, particularly his loan signings, at crucial times in the season and got his transfer business done early. We have to take this momentum, on and off the pitch, into the summer and next season. 

We have had such a shit time (for a long time), but yesterday and Doncaster away when we sealed promotion made it all worth it.

Medium

Medium

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

That sound when the 3rd goal goes in. What a moment. @StefBWFC

I still can't believe it. Genuine goosebumps watching that back again. 

I may or may not have been in Reflex at 4am this morning leading chants for Aaron Wilbraham. I had a fucking wonderful day yesterday.

• Administrator

imagine needing a 38-year old striker to score the goal to keep you in the Championship :ph34r:

Not the first time Forest have had a hand in the final day conclusions and been on the end of a 3-2 defeat...

Nearly 5 years to the day as well. @Dan

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

imagine needing a 38-year old striker to score the goal to keep you in the Championship :ph34r:

Not the first time Forest have had a hand in the final day conclusions and been on the end of a 3-2 defeat...

Nearly 5 years to the day as well. @Dan

This game also involved Bolton didn't it? Didn't Bolton basically need that to end in a draw for them to make the play-offs, but they incredibly blew it at home to Blackpool leaving the door open for either of us two?

That's the most tense I've ever felt at a game. After seeing us capitulate pathetically at that place so many times it was amazing that for once, we didn't.

8 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

I may or may not have been in Reflex at 4am this morning leading chants for Aaron Wilbraham. I had a fucking wonderful day yesterday.

You must have been absolutely shitting yourself at that point. Anyhow, congrats on staying up and have some extra money on us as well. :D

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

This game also involved Bolton didn't it? Didn't Bolton basically need that to end in a draw for them to make the play-offs, but they incredibly blew it at home to Blackpool leaving the door open for either of us two?

That's the most tense I've ever felt at a game. After seeing us capitulate pathetically at that place so many times it was amazing that for once, we didn't.

yeah we hadn't won there in something like 40 years in the league.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

yeah we hadn't won there in something like 40 years in the league.

I think my Dad's been there something like 11 times and never seen us beat them.

Lost 5-1 to fucking Wednesday. Nuhiu scored a trick (worst player ever) and Maddison has what looks like a serious knee injury. We could be well and truly fucked, i'm guessing our transfer policy is based around selling Maddison for 20m and then spending that money.

It's currently too swollen to have a scan, but as someone that's currently recovering from an ACL injury myself, it really doesn't sound good  A real possibility of losing Maddison for almost all of next season and not being able to sell him.

On 07/05/2018 at 13:22, StefBWFC said:

I got goosebumps seeing how shredded Aaron Wilbraham is at 38. He definitely didn't look like that when played for us. Must be on @Cicerocalorie diet. What a man.

2 hours ago, roversgirl said:

Wilbraham should have put 2 fingers up at the Bolton fans when he scored with all the abuse he got pre match!

Wilbraham is still a shitbag with a turning circle of a lorry who missed two astonishing chances earlier on in the game. However, he's now a club legend and I, like everyone else, love him.

Football. It's mega, it's full of hypocrisy and I don't care. Massive respect for Wilbraham to come out and admit his shortcoming when accepting his praise - even better to hear him say it's the best moment of his career. Can't beat telling 18,000 people they were wrong by smashing in a header like that.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 months later...

And it's over. Pompey win 1-0 after an early goal from Lowe, who otherwise had an awful game. 

Pretty bad showing from Pompey, and Luton are going to feel cheated for getting no points from this. 

Regardless, perfect way to start the new campaign. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

And it's over. Pompey win 1-0 after an early goal from Lowe, who otherwise had an awful game. 

Pretty bad showing from Pompey, and Luton are going to feel cheated for getting no points from this. 

Regardless, perfect way to start the new campaign. 

Fair play to Luton, it's impressive to be in both League One and League Two at the same time.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fair play to Luton, it's impressive to be in both League One and League Two at the same time.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Looks as though @Stan has hacked @Eco's account.

Somehow I got directed in this thread instead of this year’s FOotball League’s thread

Archived