Chelsea 2-0 Southampton
Leicester 0-0 Southampton
Southampton 2-3 Chelsea
Arsenal 3-2 Southampton

Match Info
The reverse fixture was 4-1 to Southampton at the end of November
Everton have not lost at home to Southampton since November 1997
Southampton have mixed away form - won 3, drawn 3, lost 4
Dependent on other results, a win for Southampton could see them rise as high as 14th and out of the relegation zone
Everton will stay in 8th regardless of any other results and today's result

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

why

Because of them hilariously thinking Koeman took a sideways step to join us based on them managing to stay in the Premier League for an entire three years. Two years later and they've reverted to type as a yoyo club.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Because of them hilariously thinking Koeman took a sideways step to join us based on them managing to stay in the Premier League for an entire three years. Two years later and they've reverted to type as a yoyo club.

i see. wouldn't call them a yoyo club though (not gonna lie, I thought they were but looked at their season history)

Been in the Premier League since 2012. Before that, were only in the Premier League from before 2005. 

Yoyo club is more like West Brom - between 2002-03 and 2010-11 they were in the Premier League for 5 seasons and Championship 4 times. Up and down with more regularity.

Tbf, as poorly as they've been run in the last couple of seasons, I'm sure if Southampton had hundreds of millions of pounds to throw around they could at least salvage a mid-table position too. 

The one time I want Everton to win (because I want WBA to have another great escape) and yet I still remain gutted that Southampton didn't score in that spell where it was pinging around in their box.

Guess I don't care too much about WBA.

• Subscriber

The most Everton thing ever would be if we were 1-0 up in a game we needed a win to escape relegation then conceded an equaliser in the 6th of four minutes added time, not vice versa.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Blowing hundreds of millions just to hang around mid-table dicking over less financially-powerfully clubs around the relegation zone.

Ah yes because Everton have been renowned over the years for spending big money. Were you born two years ago?

• The title was changed to Saturday 5th May - Everton 1-1 Southampton
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived