talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 6th May - Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Harry said:

If we lose this we will be very much at risk of missing out on the top 4.

A point would do nicely. 

Not at all. Still in our hands even if we lose and we play a Brighton side at home on the last day who will already be on the beach.

Interesting to see our line up here. We can probably afford to rest a few who played the full 90 the other night. The Brighton game is two weeks before the final so we can go full strength in that and get the job done there if need be.

40 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Not at all. Still in our hands even if we lose and we play a Brighton side at home on the last day who will already be on the beach.

Interesting to see our line up here. We can probably afford to rest a few who played the full 90 the other night. The Brighton game is two weeks before the final so we can go full strength in that and get the job done there if need be.

Wouldn't want to risk it though would you. Especially if you had the opportunity to avoid a defeat tomorrow and guarantee it. 

Also with Brighton being safe now, they don't need to be as cautious. Could make them more dangerous than just sitting back. 

I think rest is irrelevant now. Liverpool have three games left before they are done. A week between one game and two weeks before another. I'd want to keep the players at a high level so I'd play as full strength as possible. Injuries could happen at any point but sometimes taking your foot off the gas can impact form.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wouldn't want to risk it though would you. Especially if you had the opportunity to avoid a defeat tomorrow and guarantee it. 

Also with Brighton being safe now, they don't need to be as cautious. Could make them more dangerous than just sitting back. 

I think rest is irrelevant now. Liverpool have three games left before they are done. A week between one game and two weeks before another. I'd want to keep the players at a high level so I'd play as full strength as possible. Injuries could happen at any point but sometimes taking your foot off the gas can impact form.

I can definitely see both sides of the argument and knocks can happen anytime. Any of the front three or midfielders picking up a muscle injury that could keep them out for weeks gives me nightmares when we're already down to the bare bones though.

Throwing away the three points at West Brom is was so annoying. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if we'd have hung on there.

• The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Coward. Fucking coward.

Cannot wait till this type of football fucks off from this club for good. 

why?

squads

Beautiful day in the midwest of America. A team I love is going to pay a team I respect; two teams that have nurtured a very great rivalry in the last decade - a game I always look forward to. Mid-morning and I've been up since around six so it's time for brunch. I decide to cook up a quick pasta dish. Everything is going swimmingly till... my missus and her mother have a fight. Right there in the fucking kitchen while I'm cooking. I can't escape, I can't do anything, so I stare at the pot of pasta figuratively watching paint dry. Now this wasn't yelling and screaming, this was subtle psychological manipulation and trauma, the stuff that leaves hidden scars.

In the words of my people 'fark me ded, mate'.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I thought Gerrard being Rangers manager would have led the Chelsea fans to think of something else to sing about.

What were they singing?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wow Mo, I love you but that was an awful dive.

Yeah but what about Rivaldo's dive in the world cup against Turkey? That was much worse but nobody on here says anything about that do They?? 

It’s become typical of us to have a significant good period in a game, only to be let down by another poor period especially in the big games. 

Not a big fan of our setup or approach but the players have done all they can so far within that setup and we’ve found a goal going down a typical avenue. 

Thing is it’s likely we’ll drop off even more and let Liverpool back in. Let’s see if Conte has learnt anything, this typical match performance has happened to us enough times in the past.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

If Liverpool had a CM comfortable with making risky switches under a bit of pressure, Andy is always open.

I know he’s not playing, but I think it physically hurts Henderson to pass a ball forward.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I know he’s not playing, but I think it physically hurts Henderson to pass a ball forward.

I think it scares him. 

• The title was changed to Sunday 6th May - Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived