talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 6th May - Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea's marking scheme is working so well here that if they keep sitting like this  it'll either be a defensive masterclass, or they'll slip up and look very stupid for not going for the kill. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Chelsea's marking scheme is working so well here that if they keep sitting like this  it'll either be a defensive masterclass, or they'll slip up and look very stupid for not going for the kill. 

xD Won't be the first time... 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wow Mo, I love you but that was an awful dive.

Shame when players that have natural skill do that... I don't know what gets in their heads, I appreciate he might be feeling frustrated at his lack of chances so far but we all know he only needs one decent chance to change all that... 

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Hazard beats TAA??? Well Color me surprised :dam: Credit to klopp though, he continues to play him even after all the flaws...TRUST THE YOUTH... He started him in the midfield were he is even less effective and now he is back to his RB position... Dude is more worried about going forward than defending.

Clyne was playing much worse.

Defensive masterclass against us, with us playing generally poorly even considering our struggles against parked busses. As soon as they scored they took the lead.

I think Rudiger was immense. Had a perfect match. Azpicalculator had some really important challenges as well. Our front 3 was gash, which helped them, but they didn't put a foot wrong.

Liverpool's squad as a whole is easily the worst in the top-6. Relying on shite like Solanke and Moreno to get you back into a key game is insane when Chelsea can bring on the likes of Pedro and Willian just to see it out.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Defensive masterclass against us, with us playing generally poorly even considering our struggles against parked busses. As soon as they scored they took the lead.

I think Rudiger was immense. Had a perfect match. Azpicalculator had some really important challenges as well. Our front 3 was gash, which helped them, but they didn't put a foot wrong.

Michael-Owen.jpg

Just now, Inverted said:

Liverpool's squad as a whole is easily the worst in the top-6. Relying on shite like Solanke and Moreno to get you back into a key game is insane when Chelsea can bring on the likes of Pedro and Willian just to see it out.

Yeah with injuries we're pretty bare bones. That bench for the CL semis has to be one of the weakest benches that far in the tournament. Depth is an obvious major issue for us.

16 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

That was horse shite. Fuck sake. Nothing but a win against Brighton will do. 

May I ask why does it matter if you win against Brighton? The aim surely is the Champions League. Are you (and the others) somehow forgetting that you qualify for the UCL if you beat Real Madrid?

Expectations are high for a club like Liverpool but sometimes you've got to pick your battles. Choose to play poorly in the league and sacrifice top 4 or win a prestigious trophy as well as qualify for next years tournament in the proccess. Its risky, but so is not resting players before a Champions League final so it can honestly go either way.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

May I ask why does it matter if you win against Brighton? The aim surely is the Champions League. Are you (and the others) somehow forgetting that you qualify for the UCL if you beat Real Madrid?

The aim is to win the champions league, yes. If we lose the final we need to be able to say we'll be in the competition next year. The last three games in the league have yielded 2 points, and those were draws against the bottom 2. I dont care if we should be prioritising the cup, those results aren't good enough. 

Be a disaster if we don't get the job done, then go on to lose the final.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

That be an awful end to Liverpools season. 

Finishing 5th and losing the CL final

None of that sounds awful to me. Awfully funny perhaps. At least they've still won next season's title.

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

• The title was changed to Sunday 6th May - Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived