Shrewsbury vs Charlton, 17.15

Wednesday 16th May
Rotherham vs Scunthorpe, 19.45

FINAL - Sunday 27th May

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Gutted for Shrewsbury. God knows when they'll get this opportunity again. 

Couldn't really care about Rotherham. Absolutely pathetic in The Championship last time round. Given the likelihood of Birmingham, Forest, Hull etc strengthening I cannot imagine it being any different again.

• The title was changed to 2017/18 League One Play-offs - Rotherham Promoted

Rotherham clearly the better team. No idea how Shrewsbury stayed at the top for so long, I can't imagine they will have a season like this again for a long time. Their manager and better players will get picked off gradually. The 3 teams who went up were by far the best even though Shrewsbury battled with us and Wigan for a long time. Their game was working hard, being organised and relying on winning 1-0, it really wasn't great to watch. Also, I cannot stand their goalkeeper who has acted like an arrogant twat towards us and other opposition players/fans throughout the season on and off the pitch.

20 hours ago, roversgirl said:

Rotherham clearly the better team. No idea how Shrewsbury stayed at the top for so long, I can't imagine they will have a season like this again for a long time. Their manager and better players will get picked off gradually. 

That's the sad thing about it all really. @Smiley Culture was right with the similarities to Orient this season.

For next season, I imagine Sunderland and Barnsley will learn from what Wigan and Blackburn have done, and Burton will look at Rotherham. Then you've got Charlton who have been gradually improving the last couple of months, and then Plymouth and Portsmouth who have been gradually improving for years. All in all, it could be an interesting bout for promotion next season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived