Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

2017/18 League One Play-offs - Rotherham Promoted

First Legs
Thursday 10th May

Charlton vs Shrewsbury, 19.45

Saturday 12th May
Scunthorpe vs Rotherham, 12.30

Second Legs
Sunday 13th May

Shrewsbury vs Charlton, 17.15

Wednesday 16th May
Rotherham vs Scunthorpe, 19.45

FINAL - Sunday 27th May

Got to be behind one of my old idols Lee Bowyer here. He's done  a great job so far and I hope he see's them through to the end.

Great strike by Jon Nolan to win it near the end. It would be great to see Shrewsbury in The Championship.

Yeah was a brilliant goal. Big job on for Charlton if they wanna make the final. 

Shrewsbury remind me so much of Orient of 13/14. Beaten to the top two by two bigger sides and now in the play-off’s. Coincidentally, they can also get Rotherham in the Final. 

I fancy Rotherham for the play-offs. 

Shrewsbury on their way to Wembley. 1-0 now and 2-0 up on aggregate. 

I think Charlton were the better team over two legs but nobody should be allowed to rob Shrewsbury Town of this moment.

Huge call, huge save.

Beckles gives away a penalty (correct decision I thought) in the 8th minute. Ball takes the penalty for Rotherham but it's saved. Still 0-0.

Wood has done it again in extra time. Free kick lofted over, Wood poorly picked up and a strikers finish puts Rotherham back in the lead. 2-1.

Gutted for Shrewsbury. God knows when they'll get this opportunity again. 

Couldn't really care about Rotherham. Absolutely pathetic in The Championship last time round. Given the likelihood of Birmingham, Forest, Hull etc strengthening I cannot imagine it being any different again.

Rotherham clearly the better team. No idea how Shrewsbury stayed at the top for so long, I can't imagine they will have a season like this again for a long time. Their manager and better players will get picked off gradually. The 3 teams who went up were by far the best even though Shrewsbury battled with us and Wigan for a long time. Their game was working hard, being organised and relying on winning 1-0, it really wasn't great to watch. Also, I cannot stand their goalkeeper who has acted like an arrogant twat towards us and other opposition players/fans throughout the season on and off the pitch.

Paul Hurst has suggested a rule change where you're allowed to make more substitutes in extra time. I'm not sure I'm a fan to be honest as it benefits those with bulkier squads but i don't see why it can't be trailed. 

20 hours ago, roversgirl said:

Rotherham clearly the better team. No idea how Shrewsbury stayed at the top for so long, I can't imagine they will have a season like this again for a long time. Their manager and better players will get picked off gradually. 

That's the sad thing about it all really. @Smiley Culture was right with the similarities to Orient this season.

For next season, I imagine Sunderland and Barnsley will learn from what Wigan and Blackburn have done, and Burton will look at Rotherham. Then you've got Charlton who have been gradually improving the last couple of months, and then Plymouth and Portsmouth who have been gradually improving for years. All in all, it could be an interesting bout for promotion next season.