Thursday 17th May

Exeter vs Lincoln, 19.45

Friday 18th May
Notts County vs Coventry, 19.45

FINAL - Monday 28th May

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the play offs, nothing better than seeing packed out large and small terraces as clubs who don't normally get much attention try to win what is essentially a cup final.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Danny said:

I love the play offs, nothing better than seeing packed out large and small terraces as clubs who don't normally get much attention try to win what is essentially a cup final.

you sometimes wonder where these fans are during the whole season...

Literally torn between Coventry and Exeter.

Feel bad for Coventry, really had the heart and soul of that club ripped out in recent times but you got a taster of how big a club they are still for that league with the crowd they brought to the paint pot final last year. I would like to see them get back up the leagues.

That said, I've a soft spot for Lincoln. Followed their progress last season when they won the National League and they have been terrific this season. I'd love to see their journey continue.

• Administrator

what a goal that is from Forte. Good work on the left from Jones, crosses in and Forte back-heels in past the keeper. Nicely done. 

Kids crying in the Notts County end already, it warms my heart.

fantastic from Cov so far and impressive noise from their fans. Even before the first goal the roar from the cov fans when they attacked made it sound like a home game.

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Forgot how much of a shithouse Liam Kelly is. 

I also hope someone does this Biamou fella at neck height to give him a real reason to roll around on the floor.

looks like the County defenders read this at half-time xD 

• Administrator

Notts County undone by another controversial (and incorrect) call. Forte called offside but replays show onside. Should be 2-2 .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Coventry taking nearly 35k to Wembley today for the final against Exeter which says a lot about their club and the situation it's in.

makes me question where they've been all season...?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/coventry-city/attendances

Ricoh holds 32k. 

Only once did they get close to that for a game against Accrington in February.

Seems like the fans' interest piqued towards the end of the season when glory was on the cards!

Only 6 times out of 23 home games did they get more than 10k.

• Administrator

I dislike Coventry for obvious reasons but even more reason to do given what I've seen twice now in their past few games. One of their players got banned for an unnecessary stamp on a Notts County player in the semi-finals. Officials didn't see that and he got retrospectively banned. Now Michael Doyle has just forearmed one of the Exeter players in the chest totally unnecessarily. What's the point? He's extremely lucky the officials didn't see it otherwise it's a straight red.

• The title was changed to 2017/18 League Two Play-offs - Coventry Promoted
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived