talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 Championship Play-offs - Fulham Promoted

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I was told you’ve been after him sometime now as he’s due contract negotiations this Summer with Villa. Any deal will hinge on that and his family to be honest. They know he can’t stay in the Championship forever. 

What are you like with FFP? There's been some talk this morning about how big the wage bill is at Villa.

We managed to get Pereira from Porto cheaper than normal because they're suffering from FFP. Wonder if we could use that same bargaining chip for Grealish too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it all depends on Tony XIa and how much he’s prepared to bankroll. Without him funding it we’re fucked, with him who knows. 

I doubt you’ll get Grealish for less than 15-20m though. He’s got two years on the contract and Jack is a genuine fan as are all his family especially his dad who is effectively his manager, they won’t fuck the club. There’s talk he’d like one more year because he never wants to play elsewhere but sadly our trajectory and his isnt matching up at present. 

I’m fairly certain if Bruce goes the fan base would like a foreign coach or Dean Smith from Brentford. Maybe Smith could get Hogan firing who is on a huge wage. 

Its a huge underachievement with this squad from Bruce. To beat wolves 4-1 then try to park the bus week in week out when Second place was for the taking shows what a Limited negative cunt he is. 

21 hours ago, Dan said:

Him and Gray are best mates ironically.

If I was offered a straight swap Gray for him I would probably take it to be honest. Gray I'm not convinced is ever going to amount to anything more than a flashy, but ultimately not productive player. Grealish I think has real quality about him.

It is worth pointing out they do play in different positions.

I think Grealish is our plan B to James Maddison, who has picked up a bad injury.

Maddison only out for 6-8 weeks or something like that. Should be back for the start of the season. 

Maddison and Grealish will both be off in the summer.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given Fulham were rejecting 30m for Cairney, I imagine Leicester wouldn't think twice if Grealish was going for 15-20m. Leicester and Wolves seem the best fit.

I'll be amazed if we get Grealish for that. I reckon it'll be nearer thirty.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given Fulham were rejecting 30m for Cairney, I imagine Leicester wouldn't think twice if Grealish was going for 15-20m. Leicester and Wolves seem the best fit.

Wolves never. And going rate is 30 but this is Villa we’re still about 10 years behind the rest of Football 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived