talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 Championship Play-offs - Fulham Promoted

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy for Fulham. They went down because they had a shitload of marquee players and they had a lot of learning to do.

They invested in the academy, they gave youth an opportunity, and they encouraged a real entertaining brand of football under a talented Manager.

They'll be a good addition to the Premier League next season. Unfortunately, I grew up in an area where lots of Fulham fans live that'll be unbearable once they hit fourteenth. So this house move to Crawley couldn't happen soon enough.

10 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I have to say Jack Grealish is a right little twat, but he was brilliant today. His attitude comes across a bit shite, but I can see a Premier League club coming after him this summer.

He should have been sent off but he was Villa's best player and Fulham panicked everytime he got on the ball. Not saying it should necessarily have happened and realistically it wouldn't with him playing in the Championship, but that is the kind of player our World Cup squad is missing.

Massive shout to Tom Cairney today too. Been a quality player in this division for ages now. Fulham turned down West Ham and decided to keep him, he didn't chuck his toys out the pram and he was the best player on the pitch today. Rightfully going to get his chance on the big stage now.

To be honest losing Grealish is the only pisser from it all, it’s 90% certain he’s gone in my mind. 

We needed a rebuild and instead it’s been two patch up jobs that haven’t worked really. 

I’m a bit depressed about Wembley that’s something like 6 finals in a row now lost it’s a bit of a bitter pill. 

25 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fair play to Fulham. I thought they would have been fucked after missing out on automatic but they pulled it off. Now Mitrovic can go to a club where he's appreciated. :ph34r:

£20m for us to put towards someone who is a better fit. Mitrovic's laboured movement is why he will never get a game under Rafa. The raw pace around him at Fulham helps him a lot.

17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He should have been sent off but he was Villa's best player and Fulham panicked everytime he got on the ball. Not saying it should necessarily have happened and realistically it wouldn't with him playing in the Championship, but that is the kind of player our World Cup squad is missing.

Massive shout to Tom Cairney today too. Been a quality player in this division for ages now. Fulham turned down West Ham and decided to keep him, he didn't chuck his toys out the pram and he was the best player on the pitch today. Rightfully going to get his chance on the big stage now.

Agree mate, actually reminds me a lot of a young Jack Wilshere. If he can go to a good team with the right coach he could really flourish and get in the England team. Agree with your sentiment on Cairney as well, top pro and I hope he succeeds in the top flight.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ll still advocate his sacking. He’s a short term solution for a long term problem always has been always will be. 

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

At least he’s surely gone now

i think he knew he was gone.

at full time, while all the Fulham players celebrating etc, you had Villa players understandably and obvious on their knees and almost inconsolable. Bruce is just standing there on the touchline, not even going up to his own players to support them etc. Never seen that from a manager to be honest. 

• Administrator

As for the game, Villa were quite poor. Barely created any chances and it was fine margins as they say between the two. Both had quite solid defences and although Cairney got man of the match for a good performance and the winning goal, I thought Tim Ream had a superb game. Villa were fairly quiet (in the stands) and going forward. 

Very happy for Fulham as I did want them to come up even before the play-offs. Think they deserve it over the course of the season too.

• The title was changed to 2017/18 Championship Play-offs - Fulham Promoted
  • Subscriber

Well I was wrong. Fair play to Fulham who delivered. They deserved it on the day and over the whole season I'd say. Delighted that they're up really as I've never been to their ground, so I'm just hoping that fixture doesn't fall on the weekend I'm away.

The big talking point for them I suppose is will Ryan Sessegnon go or not? I'm inclined to say it'd be wise for him to stick around.

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Very happy for Fulham as I did want them to come up even before the play-offs. Think they deserve it over the course of half a season too.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

Well I was wrong. Fair play to Fulham who delivered. They deserved it on the day and over half the season I'd say.

Fixed. While I agree that Fulham are a quality side, let's not forget that they had to go on a record unbeaten run to compete for automatic and were midtable heading towards the middle of the season.

11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fixed. While I agree that Fulham are a quality side, let's not forget that they had to go on a record unbeaten run to compete for automatic and were midtable heading towards the middle of the season.

Doesn't that just show how bad Cardiff were in the 2nd half of the season :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They came 3rd in the league. I love the play-offs but they were one of the best three teams this season and for me can't be begrudged of promotion at all.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'd take Grealish here. He's a real talent and he boils piss.

It would be a good fit. Would you take him at the risk of losing or stifling Gray though?

If you'd like to sell, I can think of a club in South London who rely predominantly on pace going forwards surrounding 2/3 technically gifted players....

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It would be a good fit. Would you take him at the risk of losing or stifling Gray though?

If you'd like to sell, I can think of a club in South London who rely predominantly on pace going forwards surrounding 2/3 technically gifted players....

Grealish is a central attacking midfielder and Gray is a winger, so if Gray is getting stifled at that he needs to give his head a wobble.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Him and Gray are best mates ironically.

If I was offered a straight swap Gray for him I would probably take it to be honest. Gray I'm not convinced is ever going to amount to anything more than a flashy, but ultimately not productive player. Grealish I think has real quality about him.

It is worth pointing out they do play in different positions.

I think Grealish is our plan B to James Maddison, who has picked up a bad injury.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I'd take Grealish here. He's a real talent and he boils piss.

My mates Brother is his agent, it’s Leicester who are after him. Desperate for him apparently but it’s contract negotiations time. I think Jack will go but come back if we get up with cash to spend. 

Hes a genuine number 10 who’s better in the central role imo

Really pleased for Tom Cairney to get his chance back in the PL - he is far too good for the football league and has matured/improved since he was last there. Fulham have been excellent this season and are a good watch for a neutral so pleased they have gone up. 

Cannot stand Jack Grealish though. He is clearly talented but that frustrated tackle on Cairney was really poor. He clearly still needs to learn to control his emotions and if he can do that he will go on to have a decent career. I fear he will always be that player "with potential" that teams keep taking a chance on but who never fulfils that potential.

Also, you can't beat a crying/sad John Terry!

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

My mates Brother is his agent, it’s Leicester who are after him. Desperate for him apparently but it’s contract negotiations time. I think Jack will go but come back if we get up with cash to spend. 

Hes a genuine number 10 who’s better in the central role imo

It makes sense to me. Right location for him and we'll likely make use of him too.

I wonder if the Maddison deal is off. I can't believe we'll sign both him and Grealish.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

It makes sense to me. Right location for him and we'll likely make use of him too.

I wonder if the Maddison deal is off. I can't believe we'll sign both him and Grealish.

You can't sign two player who've the same shitty haircut 

14 hours ago, Dan said:

I was told you’ve been after him sometime now as he’s due contract negotiations this Summer with Villa. Any deal will hinge on that and his family to be honest. They know he can’t stay in the Championship forever. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived