talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 9th May - Matchday Chat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine. Just imagine if Conte yet again blames the club for not recruting well enough. 

His tactical management this season may be some of the worst I've seen. A must win game? Let me bench my two best attacking options. 

Club needs new management and new faces. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Imagine. Just imagine if Conte yet again blames the club for not recruting well enough. 

His tactical management this season may be some of the worst I've seen. A must win game? Let me bench my two best attacking options. 

Club needs new management and new faces. 

I was honestly thinking you lot would throw everything at this game because a win today puts some serious pressure on us to perform in our last game. Not to say there won't be pressure but I don't think Klopp is going to setup to do anything but attack Stoke all day along after what they did in their last match.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course, but fundamentally part of a manger's job is to motivate players isn't it?  Or does it stop at tactics and selecting players and substitutions?

I just think it's a mixture of both players and manager getting it wrong this season. A truly great player shouldn't need motivating by his manager. Only weak minded players need motivating to play well.

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just think it's a mixture of both players and manager getting it wrong this season. A truly great player shouldn't need motivating by his manager. Only weak minded players need motivating to play well.

Plenty of those at Arsenal

• Administrator

Fucking hell we've beaten Arsenal at home. 

In all my life supporting this side, I've never seen it happen. Today was the day no matter how meaningless the fixture was before the game. At it from the start and the intensity had returned. 

Will write more later but thought Hamza Choudhury had an amazing game. Absolutely ran that midfield. Tackles in, good and calm passing, linked well with defence and set up Mahrez for his goal. If he continues like that we've got a great player in the making. Played like a seasoned pro as opposed to someone with only a few games in this league. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fucking hell we've beaten Arsenal at home. 

In all my life supporting this side, I've never seen it happen. Today was the day no matter how meaningless the fixture was before the game. At it from the start and the intensity had returned. 

Will write more later but thought Hamza Choudhury had an amazing game. Absolutely ran that midfield. Tackles in, good and calm passing, linked well with defence and set up Mahrez for his goal. If he continues like that we've got a great player in the making. Played like a seasoned pro as opposed to someone with only a few games in this league. 

I think the fact your boys have been mentally on the beach for quite some time now is the most damning thing about our performance. Leicester were supremely superior to us today.

41 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Only weak minded players need motivating to play well.

Do you need any of these at Liverpool? We've got a number to choose from and Im pretty sure if there's one thing Klopp is very good at, it's motivation.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Do you need any of these at Liverpool? We've got a number to choose from and Im pretty sure if there's one thing Klopp is very good at, it's motivation.

The backroom staff at Arsenal is pretty dreadful also, seems its gone down hill when Pat Rice left. No motivation at all, I think Wenger needed someone to motivate him at times.

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

The backroom staff at Arsenal is pretty dreadful also, seems its gone down hill when Pat Rice left. No motivation at all, I think Wenger needed someone to motivate him at times.

Coaching/managing (although managers are a thing of the past) is a lot more than just selection, tactics and substitutions. It's a mental game aswell  and as you said, it's a whole technical team's work in the background. But what's for sure is that the second those players are on the pitch including the half time talk, it's all down to the head coach.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Coaching/managing (although managers are a thing of the past) is a lot more than just selection, tactics and substitutions. It's a mental game aswell  and as you said, it's a whole technical team's work in the background. But what's for sure is that the second those players are on the pitch including the half time talk, it's all down to the head coach.

Thats why you have Simone barking on the touchline so his players dont lose focus.

Just now, Panna King said:

Thats why you have Simone barking on the touchline so his players dont lose focus.

Not only on the touch line with him mate.  He's known to go to players hotel rooms and shout at them and worst of all show up at their houses to nag them after training.  xD

Thats not even a joke.

• Subscriber

What a pleasant surprise that was.

After so many awful performances, it makes you wonder if you're going mad when we go and absolutely shred Arsenal. That could've easily been more than 3-1.

I can see why they haven't got a point away from home this year. Absolutely shocking defending.

But we were excellent tonight. The intensity was there and we attacked them from the first minute to last.

It makes you wonder where the hell this has been for the last few months.

If we'd had just 3/4 of those happen, Puel wouldn't be under a jot of pressure.

It's a shame, really.

We played well tonight. Didn't deserve to lose, missed good chances. Some strong performances out there. Diame, Shelvey, Yedlin. The difference in the end was quality from Kane.

We played Spurs on the opening day, couldn't get the ball, couldn't create anything, kept it tightish. Now look at us tonight in comparison and you can see the great job Rafa has done. I honestly don't think Spurs could have had too many complaints if we won the game.

Started off well, but late in the first half done nothing at all. Go for the cross with no bodies in the box has been very common this season. In the second conceded a goal from Huddersfield Town first shot on goal and a very expected Chelsea goal. Christensen caught off position the ball flew over him and left Caballero in a terrible position. He collided with Depoitre who was left standing and scored. Then we decided to bring on the players that actually perform, scored a very fortunate equalizer and were unlucky not to win. Huddersfield will probably be a worse option of WBA in the league, but came for a draw and got it. Europa League it is, not too fussed about it but fully expect this mob to gift United the Fa Cup with the mentality of a five year old.

I swear on my daughters life Conte fucked this one up.

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Started off well, but late in the first half done nothing at all. Go for the cross with no bodies in the box has been very common this season. In the second conceded a goal from Huddersfield Town first shot on goal and a very expected Chelsea goal. Christensen caught off position the ball flew over him and left Caballero in a terrible position. He collided with Depoitre who was left standing and scored. Then we decided to bring on the players that actually perform, scored a very fortunate equalizer and were unlucky not to win. Huddersfield will probably be a worse option of WBA in the league, but came for a draw and got it. Europa League it is, not too fussed about it but fully expect this mob to gift United the Fa Cup with the mentality of a five year old.

I swear on my daughters life Conte fucked this one up.

Still think we'd be better off where we are now if we sacked Conte after the CIty performance at the Ethiad. 

Interim manager would of at least had us play with a back 4 again and lift the spirits up a bit. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived